chapter 7

*Edited*

Savanah's P.O.V

The next weeks past by with school. It's tedious but I need to do it I'm almost done and pretty soon it's going to be Christmas break. I was planning to go with my parents, but I don't know because we don't get along. But I want to see my siblings; I haven't seen them in a while. I have an older brother named Josh and an older sister named Alex. They both have a husband and a wife and families of their own, I don't even have a boyfriend. They all try to help with my love life, but it never works out. They set me up with these men, but we never have stuff in common, so we never go on a second date.

Nick and I still talk we have so much in common, but he's not going to come over here. He's busy in New York with his job. Not to mention he has his own family to go too.

Talking about Nick, he's calling.

"Hello," I said.

"Hello, beautiful," he greeted "What are doing right now?"

"Nothing much just thinking of Christmas," I said.

"What about Christmas?" he asked.

"About who to bring for Christmas because my family wants me to bring someone," I told him.

"Could I come?" he said.

I was surprised because why would he want to come? What about his family don't they want him to come?

"You could if you want. just be prepared for it to be awkward." I told him.

"Why would be awkward?" he asked.

"My family and I don't get along," I said.

"Why?" he asked.

What is this twenty questions?

"Something when I was younger," I said vaguely.

"Oh are you sure if I go it will be alright?" he asked.

"Yeah of course," I told him.

"Okay good when should I come?" he asked.

"You could come on Christmas Eve or Christmas because you should be with your family," I said.

"Okay I'll come on Christmas Eve," he said.

"What about your family?" I asked.

"Oh we always have Christmas the day after the actual Christmas," he said.

"But Christmas is for family," I said.

"My family is different," he said.

"Well anyway I've got to study for my finals this week," I said.

"Bye Sav."

"Bye Nick."

I hung up and slumped in my seat thinking about what he said. Why would his family do that even my family is doing Christmas and we're dysfunctional? But I shouldn't judge if that's what they do then it's what they do.

But seriously I need to study for the finals. If I don't pass these, I won't graduate, and I need to pass these. I want to get out in the real world. I want a job and a family who I can call mine.

I've never had anything to myself. I always had to share with my siblings. But with a family, it's different you still have them with you.

After a while, I finished studying and now I'm lying down in my bed.

A couple of hours later Brittany came back, and we are talking about what happened today.

"Mine was boring all I did that was exciting was talking to Nick," I said.

"Ooh, what did he say? And mine was just in class" she asked.

"He said that he's coming around here to go with me to visit my family," I said.

"What! That crazy I guess he really likes you!" She yelled.

"I know! You don't have to yell"I grumbled.

"Yeah Yeah I know no yelling in your ear. But come on this is Nick King we're talking about he's a billionaire. And he likes you not anyone else savannah. You." She told me.

"I get that Brittany, but it's just weird that he likes me I'm a nobody," I said.

"You're not a nobody Savanah you're a someone in this world," she said.

We talked for a while, and then we went to dinner at the dining hall and went back to the dorm and went to bed.