chapter 42

*A week later*

Savanah's P.O.V

we were at the apartment after a week in Italy. our anniversary was great and i still can't believe that i am Savanah King now. but i wouldn't change it anytime. Nick had to go to work and i had to go to mine. i started to get ready and when i was done i got into my car and drove to the hospital.

when i got there i parked and walked in. i went to my office and when i finally sat down Brittany came in because she is my assistance but we talk mostly about anything. but we keep it professional. but i guess not this time.

"so how was it?" she asked me

"how was what?" i asked her

"you know did you have sex?" she asked

"oh um yes we did" i said softly

"you did well how was it?" she asked

"it was amazing" i told her

"i want details about how it came to it" she said

"no i'm not telling you that" i told her     

"come  on Savvy you can tell me i won't tell anyone" she said

" i know that you want but i don't want to talk about this at work" i said

"okay then after work you will tell me" she said walking out of my office

i finally was able to get to work. i checked my patients folders and i got up to check on them. i knocked on the door and when i heard them say come in i saw the whole family in there.

i'm working with this kid named Daniel who is ten years old and he has leukemia. i worked with him since i started here. he's such a nice kid and he doesn't deserve what he's been through. but he's a strong kid and i know he could pull it.

"hello Daniel how have you been?" i asked him

"i'm feeling okay" he told me

"that's good Daniel, now i'm going to give you your daily shot and we will be done okay?" i asked carefully knowing he doesn't like these shots so i try to distract him.

after i gave him his shot i stayed with him for a little bit till i needed to go to my next patient. 

the rest of the day went by really fast and before i know it, it's time to go home. it was 7 pm when i left so i headed to my car. when i reached my car i got in, when i started the car someone knocked on my window i jumped and turned to the window. it was Brittany.

"where do you think your going missy?" she asked me

"going home Brittany" i told her

"oh no you don't you have to tell me the details" she said

"i don't have to tell you anything Brittany i just want to go home Brittany i promise you i will tell you tomorrow" i told her

"okay you better Savanah" she said and let me back up and drive away. i checked my phone and noticed that Nick called me. so i called him back i put him on speaker.

when he picked up he asked " hey babe how was work?" 

"hey it was good but tiring, how was yours?" i asked him

"same but when are you coming home?" he asked

"i'm coming home right now" i told him

"good cause i miss you" he told me

"i miss you too babe" i told him

we talked till i got to the apartment. when i got there i saw that he went all out. there was rose petals on the floor and it led to the dining room where he was standing in front of the table where there is food. 

i walked to him and kissed him.  i pulled away and said thanks to him. he pulled a chair back and helped me in it and then he went to the chair in front of me. 

we ate and talked about our day and what happened while we were away from the other. 

we went to our room and changed into our pajamas and went to sleep, with me laying on his chest and his arms wrapped around me. i can't wait to spend the rest of my life like this.