Part 7

"Is this place okay?" Kevin asks as we enter a random pizza place. "Yes it's fine." I quietly mumble.

"Only two?" The lady asks, Kevin nods as I start searching for money on my pocket. "Hey, what are you doing?" He says stopping me. "Looking for my money." I say and he smiles, "It's on me tonight, Paige."

He hands the lady 15 dollars. After she hands us our drinks he gets some change as we walk to a table of two. "Thank you." I say.

"No problem." He grins and we start serving ourselves pizza. You see, I'm a wrestler and I'm not suppose to eat much stuff like this.

But that doesn't stop me. I fill up my plate with all varieties of pizza. As soon as we sit down I start attacking my pizza.

Kevin and I are laughing at some crazy memory when we were talking on the phone. I'm about to take another bite of my pizza when I see Emma and Roman walk in the door.

Roman has his hair in a bun and he's wearing casual clothes, he still looks amazingly flawless though. Emma is wearing a short tight skirt and a crop top.

Emma says something and Roman grins as he pays the lady. I drop my pizza on my plate and look at Kevin instead.

"What's the matter?" He asks. "I'm not hungry anymore." I whisper, truth is I'm not. My appetite suddenly went away just like that.

"Wait, isn't that Emma?" Kevin asks pointing across the room. "Oh, is it?" I say turning around. They're sitting at the very corner, beside a window.

Emma looks up and meets my eyes, she instantly grins and waves. I force myself to smile and wave. Roman turns to my direction and he looks at me intensely then at Kevin but then he smiles and waves.

I turn back around and look at my pizza. It's probably cold by now. "Are you-?" before Kevin can finish his sentence Emma shows up from behind. "Guys! Hey!" she says giving my shoulders a tight squeeze. "Hi." I say looking up at her. "Hey, Emma. Hello Roman? Is that right?" Kevin says and that's when I notice that Roman is standing behind her.

"Yes that's right." he says in a low voice. "He finally asked me out! I'll provide detail later!" she whispers in my ear, I just nod my head. "Okay well, we will let you two keep on eating. Come on Em." Em? He already gave her a nickname? Roman grabs Emma's hand and she literally melts to his touch.

I feel like I got kicked in the gut and I don't understand why. "We should get going." I tell Kevin, he raises an eyebrow, "Why?" I sigh not knowing what to say, but finally come up with an excuse. "I don't feel okay."

"Oh, no. I'm sorry." he says getting up, I get up as well, "No. It's fine, I just need rest. I don't think I can hang out with you at the hotel. Sorry." I say as we head to the door. I can see disappointment and sadness in his eyes but he still smiles, "It's fine. We will hang out some other time."

As we head to the door I can't help but to glance at Emma's table. She waves goodbye and Roman stares at me right in the eyes. I don't know why but I feel so angry, so annoyed, so when he stares at me for what it seems forever I roll my eyes and walk out the door.

"Woah there." Kevin says catching up to me. I don't slow down, I keep walking faster. "Hey, Paige." he says concerned. I finally slow down, "What?" I say in a bitchy tone. "You seem . . . angry." he says slowly. "I'm not." I say staring at the night sky.

"Okay." he says quietly. We keep walking to the car slowly, he tries to get closer to me but I keep moving further away from him. We finally reach his car and he opens the door for me.

The whole way to the hotel I stay silent. Kevin tries to make a conversation but I just nod or shrug, or simply say "Yeah". He opens the car door for me and I get out. "Thank you, it was fun." I say forcing a smile. I'm still so angry and I really have no clue why.

"You're welcome. Can I walk you to the door?" he asks and I nod. We start walking, when we are half way there he tries to hold my hand. I quickly panic and move my hand away. I don't even look at him because I don't want to see the expression on his face.

I start to speed up and reach the door. I turn around and see Kevin standing there, he gives me a shy smile. Go away, Kevin. I don't want to hurt your feelings anymore. Why are you still standing here? Go away before I do something really bitchy.

But Kevin doesn't move, he just stands there looking at me. I look away and when I do he walks closer to me. "Paige," he begins but I cut him off. "I really don't feel good. Can we talk some other time?" he nods his head and stares at his shoes.

He then gives me a hug that startles me. "Goodnight Paige, it was lovely." he waves bye and walks to his car. I stand there in the chilly wind and watch his shadow disappear. As soon as he drives away shame hits me.

He was being so nice to me. He took me out to eat. He came to watch me wrestle. And I was such a pig to him. I ignored him half of the time, I didn't even attempt to make a conversation, I pulled my hand away when he tried to hold mine, I even cut him off when he was trying to tell me something.

The thing is I don't know why I did it.

As soon as I saw Emma and Roman together, it changed my mood completely. I turned into such an ass. I feel so ashamed, and I regret it.

I'm so sorry, Kevin.