Part 36

i wrapped myself
in the night skies
because the darkness
was my clutch
but when i read
your sad eyes
i knew i'd never love
anything as much -- kpk
*
*
*

I wake up when I hear a quiet knock on my door. Usually I'm a heavy sleeper but my eyes immediately open when I hear this knock.

It's 2:18 a.m in the morning. I look over to Aj who is sleeping. "Aj?" I whisper to her thinking it might be Dean coming to look for her.

I wait silently to see if there's another knock but there isn't. Quietly, I make my way to the door. When I get there I glance through the peep hole and see Roman standing there.

My mouth makes a squealing sound and I turn around quickly hoping it didn't wake her up but luckily she's still sleeping.

I glance again and see Roman standing there he's about to knock again but instead he turns around. Without thinking about it I open the door.

He stops walking and turns to look at me. "What are you doing here?" I whisper even though the door is already shut. "I can't go to sleep." He whispers back.

"And coming over to my room is going to help you?" I ask, "Probably not." He says scratching his head, "After all you are the reason I lose sleep. Not that I mind because you are my favorite reason to lose sleep."

I look down at my shoes because I know I'm blushing. "So what did you want?" I ask looking up but not in his eyes. "I just wanted to see you." He says.

"That's it?" I ask a little disappointed. He nods his head, "Well you saw me so there go back to bed." I say turning around to the door. I grab the doorknob and he takes my hand.

"What are-" he puts his finger on my lips and whispers a soft shhh that I can barely hear. He leads me to the elevator and we walk in.

My heart is exploding with joy and the butterflies have spread all over my body because he still hasn't let go of my hand. He presses the 14th floor which is the very last one. I give him a questioning look but he's looking ahead.

When the elevator finally gets to the floor he leads me out and into a door. Once we walk in there's a staircase. "Where are you taking me?" I ask hesitating whether to go or not.

"Do you trust me?" It's all he says. It doesn't even take a second to think about it. I nod my head and we start walking up the stairs. We get to another door and then he opens it.

We end up outside, the moon is high up above and the stars are shining bright. You can see the city perfectly and it's an incredible view. I walk to the edge and glance down, quickly I step back afraid when I see that we are literally 14 floors up.

You can see the cars going by and they look small from above. "How did you know?" I ask looking around. "We've stayed at the hotel before and one night I couldn't sleep so I decided to come to the last floor and check it out. I found the door and that's how I found it. Whenever we come stay here I always come up here. It relaxes me and it's a beautiful view."

He slowly sits on the ground and then lays down on the concrete. I look at him weirdly as he sighs smiling looking at the dark but sparkly sky.

"Come, lay beside me." He says softly without looking away from the sky. I lay beside him and then look up. It almost takes away my breath because it looks so stunning. It really is a beautiful sight.

"It's almost as beautiful as you." He says, I turn my head and look at him. He turns my way and we're facing each other. Our noses are almost touching. "Roman, do you really like me?" I say before I can stop myself.

"No." He answers right away. I look down because I can't look at him. "I love you." He says. I still don't look up because my heart is palpitating so fast I can hear it in my ears.

I can feel him staring at me and my whole body starts to get hot. I finally get the courage to look at him and he smiles, "Your cheeks are pink." He says lightly poking my cheek.

"How do you know you love me?" I ask biting the inside of my lip nervously. "I don't know." He answers turning and looking to the sky.

"All I know is that I do. I feel it in here Paige, in my heart. I might be wrong but I don't think I am. It's a beautiful feeling I've never felt before. It can't be mistaken." He reaches over to hold my hand.

I stop looking at him and look at the sky again. We stay silent for a few minutes, our hands just tangled in each other. "Do you love me, Paige?" He asks.

"I don't know." I answer sadly. I look at him and expect him to pull away from my hand and to walk away or something. But he doesn't.

He stays right here laying beside me still holding my hand. "That's okay." He says, "Is it really?" I ask and he nods. "Yes, it's okay. When you fall in love you'll feel it too. And you know it won't be anything but that."

"Are you not mad at me?" I ask, "Why would I be mad?" He asks looking at me with confusion in his eyes. "Because I don't know about my feelings." I answer the tears building up in my eyes.

"Of course not. Like I said it's okay, if things are meant to be it will happen. I promise." He says. I feel my tears fall and he sits up quickly. "Don't cry." He says, I hear that's he's worried. He helps me sit up and I stare at him crying.

Completely crying my eyes out. I try to stop it but I can't. Horrible noises are starting to come out of my mouth and I can't control it. There's a huge knot in my throat and it doesn't go away.

"What's wrong?" He asks holding both of my hands. "You're just so sweet to me." I say, "And that's why you're crying?" He asks.

I nod my head as I continue to cry. "You treat me so good, even when I've rejected you so many times. Yet you still stuck with me, you make me feel good about myself and you never let me fall. No one has ever done that for me. And I'm so scared, Roman, I'm so, so, scared. Because now I'm way into you and I don't want to lose you. I don't want to lose this. I don't ever want to imagine my life without you. I don't want you to leave like everyone else has."

He looks at me with so much sadness it only makes me cry more. He pulls me in to his chest and rubs my back while he kisses my head. "Don't cry, please? It breaks my heart. I can't stand it. I don't know who's hurt you before but I promise I won't."

I continue to cry on his chest as he lays his head on my head. "I won't leave you. I'll stay in your life as long as you want me too."

"Okay." I say as I start hiccuping from crying. "Okay." He whispers holding me tighter.