Part 21

"Are you okay, Emma?" I ask as she lays her head down. "Yeah." She sighs closing her eyes. Emma never goes to bed after Raw like ever.

She always goes out to party but not tonight. She didn't want to and I decided to stay with her because I can't leave her alone.

I wait there laying on my bed staring at the dark sky through the window. All I can hear is Emma's soft breathing and the clock ticking. I try to go to bed but I can't seem to get Roman out of my mind.

I hate my feelings for him. I hate them. I hate the fact that he makes me feel this way. I hate the fact that I like him. I hate it.

Thinking of all of this causes me to get a big headache. I slowly get out of bed and walk to the door, I stare into the darkness looking for Emma's shadow to move but she doesn't.

"Emma?" I whisper, she doesn't reply and I quietly walk out of the room. I'm making my way down to the lobby where they have a coffee place that's open twenty-four seven.

"Can I help you?" The lady behind the counter asks. When I'm about to order I panic because I just remembered I didn't bring my money. I'm wearing my pjs and a tank top and have no shoes on. I bet I look dead too because I'm not wearing any makeup.

I feel my cheeks blush, "Cappuccino for me please, and whatever the lady wants." I turn around to see Randy standing in front of me. He smiles at the lady and she smiles looking at me, "What would you like ma'am?"

"Cappuccino, please." I say shyly. She nods as she places the order. "Eight fifty." She says and Randy hands her a ten dollar bill. She hands him his change back and we take a sit to wait for our drinks.

"Thank you. You shouldn't haven paid for mine, how embarrassing." I say, he smiles, "It's no problem."

"Well thank you again." I say with a shy smile, "You're welcome." He says and a lady approaches us handing us our cups. "So, what are you doing up? It's like one in the morning." He says taking a small sip out of his cup. "I couldn't sleep. Why're you up? Let me guess you were partying?"

He chuckles, "Yeah. My friends invited me but I left. It was kind of lame." I nod as I take a sip out of my cup. "Why aren't you partying? Don't you love to party?"

"Well, yeah, but I didn't feel like it tonight. I should be getting sleep because I haven't gotten none lately. As you can tell by these hideous eye bags." I say pointing to my very obvious dark circles under my eyes.

"They're not hideous. I think you still look very pretty." He gives me a smile and I feel my body warm up. "Oh, well thanks."

"Sorry, was that weird?" He asks concerned, "No, no. It's not weird. It's fine. I'm just gawky." I say embarrassed. "I'm gawky too," he says, "I don't know how to explain it but my friends say I'm very gawky sometimes. So I guess I'm a tall, muscular, awkward man." He laughs.

"Well I'm a tallish, pale, gawky British girl." I say with a chuckle. "Hey, we can both be gawky together." He brings up his cup in the air and I bump my cup against his. "Yeah, I guess so."

After we finish our cups we walk out of the coffee shop. "Thanks for the coffee." I say as the elevator door closes. "No problem, thanks for the lovely small chat.  I hope we can do it again, do you maybe want to go out?"

The elevator door opens and it's my turn to get off, I don't know what to do or say and I feel really pressured. "Um." It's all that comes out. "Think about it." He says with a smile as I get out, "O-okay." I say as the door closes.

I stand there staring at the elevator and then I sit down on the hallway. I stare at the ceiling and then put my head down on my knees. I'm honestly so tired and exhausted but now I won't be able to sleep because I drunk that coffee.

"Paige?" I look up and see Roman standing in front of me. I quickly get up and try to walk away but he stops me. "We need to talk." He says, I pull away but he pulls me in closer.

"I don't want to talk." I say harshly. "No, we need to talk. About the other night." He says, I stop writhing and stare at him. I thought he'd forget about it all. I guess not.

"Why did you leave?" He asks, "I left as soon as you fell asleep." I lie, "Oh really?" He says, "Yes really. Now can you let me go? I really need to sleep."

"Why're you lying to me? I know you at least stayed most of the night with me." His grip isn't as tight anymore. "Just forget it, okay?" I plead.

"I can't forget something like that. Paige, why're you so hardheaded? Why do you insist of denying your feelings for me? Why? I'm sure everyone knows, if not they'll find out eventually. We can't hide our feelings forever." He grabs as my face on his hands and I feel my tears build up in my eyes.

"No, no, why don't you understand Roman? Why don't you understand I can't do this to my best friend? She's my best friend. She's like a sister to me, I can't do this to her. Okay? I can't. You just need to leave me alone and forget all these stupid silly feelings. Forget them because that's what I'll do. You can't make me pick between my best friend and you."

"Paige." He says in a pleading voice, "Please don't do this." He steps closer to me and I have to stop the urge to kiss him. "Don't." I say and he still closes the air in between us.

He kisses me sweetly and softly. It's the best feeling in the world and I hate myself for kissing him back. "We can do this. If I talk to Emma, she will understand. She wants your happiness and if we explain to her, she will understand."

His lips are touching me as he speaks and I nod my head stupidly. He kisses me again and this time he grabs my waist and pulls me in closer.

I don't know what I'm doing. I don't know why I'm doing this. I shouldn't be doing this but something about doing the wrong this feels so good.