Part 33

today,
i caught myself
biting my lips
so tightly that my
teeth strained red.
i think it was because
my inflamed heart was
threatening to escape from
my mouth again, and i had to find a way
to keep it locked inside.
or maybe it was because i'd rather taste blood than your tongue.
either way, this is unhealthy and i think
i am losing my mind. -- Unknown
*
*
*
The sun hits the window causing me to wake up. When I open my eyes it takes me a few minutes to know where I am. I'm trying to remember what happened and where I am.

I see an unfamiliar red blanket wrapped around me and I sit up startled. As I sit up a massive headache hits me. I groan in pain as I hold my head as if that was going to make it go away.

I then look around and see that Deans bed is empty. It's neatly done and the room doesn't look as messy as it did last night. The clock reads 7:54 a.m.

My feet touch the cold floor and I go to the bathroom. When I walk in a ton of flashbacks hit me. I remember that I puked in front of Roman.

My face starts to heat up uncontrollably. I smell really nasty. Especially my breath. I glance in the mirror I almost screech at how horrible I look.

My makeup is all over my face making me look like a panda. I wash out my face in the sink and my mouth. There's some mouthwash so I grab it and hope it makes the nasty taste of alcohol and vomit go away.

I grab a small folded towel and wipe my face. I look almost dead as my face is completely naked without makeup.

I hear the door open and I quickly look down at the sink. My heart starts to pound against my chest, it's beating so hard I hear it in my ears.

I remember what he said. Was it just a dream? Was I too drunk to actually hear what he was saying? He said he loved me but I was too tipsy to assume that's what he said.

"Paige?" He calls out. I take a deep breath and walk out the bathroom. My face feels even more hot now. "Good morning." He says smiling. He's got a bag and he puts it down on the nightstand.

"Good morning, I'm - I'm sorry for last night. I - I drunk too much and I'm so sorry for throwing up and for the stupid things I said." I say focusing on the carpet.

"No need to apologize. So what you said you didn't meant it?" He asks, I keep looking at the carpet, "Well- um, I don't remember what I said." I lie nervously playing with my fingers.

"So you don't remember banging on my chest?" He says, I look up and he's got a grin on his face. He bangs his own chest and laughs, "Honestly, no offense but your hands felt like little balloons."

"Roman!" I say my face blushing. He keeps laughing and I grab my hot face. "I'm just picking. I did deserve that and I also deserved all that makeup on my shirt."

"Oh gosh." I say closing my eyes and cursing myself for doing all of that stupid shit. "Just forget it okay?" I can't even look him in the eyes because when I do I feel the blood rush to my face.

"No. I won't ever forget it. I thought what you said was pretty sweet." He says, I look up and he's smiling. I don't know what to do or say so I look down again.

No boy has ever made me feel so intimidated. Every time he looks at me I feel a whole zoo in my stomach. His voice is music to my ears  and his eyes send chills down my whole body.

"I brought you something." He says walking over to the nightstand. He opens up the bag and takes out a takeout plate and a bottle of apple juice.

"It's breakfast, I wasn't sure if you wanted to go downstairs and eat or not so I brought you something. Also here you go." He says handing me two pills and the juice. "For the headache." He says with a grin.

"Thank you." I say thankfully taking the pills and drinking them. "You can eat it on the bed." He says putting the plate down on the bed. I take a seat and open it up.

The pancake aroma makes my stomach growl even more. I start to eat it and he sits on Deans bed. I look up and see him looking at me. A strand of his hair has fallen from his messy bun and he looks beautiful.

I don't think I will ever get over how incredibly beautiful Roman Reigns is.

"Did my friends ask for me?" I say breaking the silence. "Yeah, they did. I told them you had a headache and you didn't feel like going downstairs."

"Did they say anything?" I ask, "Well not directly but your girl friends were looking at each other and smirking. Dean and Seth are pretty convinced we well- you know." He says scratching his head nervously and chuckling.

"Typical, typical." I say and he nods. We look at each other and laugh. "What did you say after they assumed that?"

"I tried to tell them that we didn't do anything. They didn't believe me though. Oh well." He says shrugging with a smirk."How did I get to bed? I don't remember." I say cutting down the pancakes with the fork.

"Um, after we uh, finished talking you laid your head on my chest." He says, I hold my breath as I chew my food. "We sat there for a few minutes. Maybe ten or fifteen, I'm not sure then I tried to talk to you but you fell asleep. So I carried you to bed."

"Oh," I say feeling tingly at the thought. "Well thank you." I say, "No need to thank me. I also took off your boots, they're right beside the nightstand."

"I'm really sorry. For everything. For getting drunk and for causing you to leave the party and for sleeping in your bed. I didn't mean to cause problems." I say looking at him shyly. "Why do you apologize so much?"

I shrug my shoulders, "I feel like everything I do is wrong." I whisper. "That's not true. Why do you think that?" He asks getting up and kneeling on the bed beside me. "I mess up so much. I'm so messy! My mind is a mess, my heart is a mess, I'm a mess. Nothing but a mess."

"You're a beautiful mess." He says, I smile a little, "I don't think so." He puts my hair behind my ears.

"Listen, you're not a mess okay? We all feel like that sometimes. I feel like that sometimes but trust me you're not a mess. You're far beyond a mess. You're young and you're human. I mess up, you mess up, we all do. It's life. You're one of the most beautiful people I've ever met. Not just from the outside but from the inside. You're special Paige, so very special. I wish you could see it. Because I sure do. So don't think that you're a mess, okay?"

I'm speechless for a moment. Roman is not the type of guy that speaks out his feelings like that. "Okay." I say almost breathless. "Thank you."

He smiles big, "No need to thank me. Now I'll let you keep eating while I pack. We leave today to Atlanta, aren't you excited?" He says taking out his suitcase.

"Yeah, I am. I better head over to my room and pack." I say getting up from his bed and getting my boots. "Aren't you going to finish?" He asks staring at the plate. "Yeah but not right now. I still feel kind of sick, you know?" I say as I put in my boots.

He nods his head. "Yeah, I do. I hope you feel better." He says smiling. I gather up the plate and the juice, "I feel much better now." I say my face turning a bright pink.

"B-bye Roman." I say in a shaky voice. "Paige?" He says as I grab the handle. I turn around and he's looking at me intensely.

"I meant what I said." He says. I stare at him feeling my heart flutter. Suddenly Dean opens the door hitting me and knocking me down.

"Oh shit! Sorry Paige!" He says as Roman runs to get me up. Dean picks up the plate which luckily didn't spill. "It's fine, don't worry about it." I tell Dean. "I really am sorry, oh gosh." He says rubbing my arms.

"Dean. You need to be careful." Roman says in a warning voice. "It's fine really. Well I better get going." I say walking out.

I am finally able to breath normal once I get to the elevator. He meant it. He really did. I close my eyes and smile like a complete fool.

He really meant it