Part 29

and i was left alone again
standing there in the world of white
wearing the glistening red river that came from the cuts of the pieces you left behind. --c.e
*
*
*
*
"Are you sure you don't want to come with us?" Aj asks as she puts her hair in a pony tail. I shake my head no as I change the channel on the tv.

"Come on, Las Vegas is such a cool place. Dean and I are going to explore." She says, "No thank you. I appreciate y'all inviting me and all but I'll rather stay here. We were on the bus for hours and I'll rather lay down."

Truth is I would totally like to go out and explore Las Vegas. Aj and Dean are great, they're lovely fun people to hang out with but I don't want to be a third wheel.

"Are you sure?" She asks for the hundredth time. "Yes, I'm sure." I say and she nods, "Alright. Alright. Well I'll be back later on tonight." She goes over to my bed and hugs me.

She then goes out the door. I start watching some random cooking show that's on tv. It's only seven at night and I'm sure Aj won't be back until eleven or so.

I pull up my blanket all the way up only leaving my eyes exposed. I still don't know how to feel about what Roman said to me last night. I thought about it all night and today the whole day.

I'm still wondering and still thinking. It just won't leave my mind. It haunts every hour, every second, every time I breathe. It hurts thinking about it. It hurts so much.

Theres a knock on my door and I turn my head to look at the door. I'm debating whether I should open it or pretend I'm not here.

There's another knock and I get up because it's probably Aj who forgot something. I open the door and gasp in shock when I see Kevin standing there.

He's holding a dozen of roses and he's got a grin on his face. I look at him not knowing what to say or think. "Hey, Paige. I was in town and decided to surprise you."

He hands me the roses and I take them. "Uh, thanks." I whisper. "How did you know I was here?" I ask curiosity rising.

"Well I saw on the WWE website. Kind of stalkerish, I know. But I really wanted to see you. We haven't talked in a long while. I've asp tried texting but-" he looks at me sadly.

It's true he has tried texting I just don't reply. Or I reply late. I just don't want to lead him on and I have to be honest with him.

"Oh." It's all I can say. "Yeah, Emma told me this was your room and I decided to-" I cut him off. "Wait, what? Emma told you?" I ask confused.

"Yeah. I saw her and we started talking then she mentioned you were staying here." He says with a smile. "Did she mention something else?" I ask wondering if she mention being mad at me.

"No. Not really. Although it did surprise me not to see her with you. She was with a blonde girl and a curly head who I've never seen before." He says and I nod my head. He's obviously talking about Summer and JoJo.

"Well she's made new friends." I say. "Ahh. Well anyways I was wondering if you maybe wanted to go out?" He asks with a grin. I look at the roses he gave me and then at him.

I need to talk to him about my feelings. "Sure." I say, "But let me get ready." I say looking down at my pajamas.

I throw on a pair of jeans and a crop top. I don't even bother wearing makeup and I put my hair in a bun. I think this is the sloppiest I've ever looked.

I left the roses on the nightstand beside my bed. We go downstairs and I'm hoping that Roman isn't around anywhere. I don't want him to think Kevin and I are going out on a date or something.