Part 45

she couldn't see it
but she was the love of his life
that when he looks at her
his face says if i can't have you
then i don't want anyone else
no one would ever compare
and no one would ever be able
to love him like she did. --k.l

*
*
*
I run to Eva as I knock her off the rope. She falls and lands harshly on her knee. I get out of the ring and try to attack her once more but the referee stops me.

I'm trying to get by but he's telling me to move away. I have no other option but to move away and get back in the ring.

The referee is asking Eva some questions and I'm too busy looking at her to realize that Summer has come behind me. I get hit in the head and and fall hard on the mat.

She starts attacking me but I push her off. I get up and try to get her but she kicks me so hard on the jaw that I fall once again.

I lay there with my hand on my jaw. Suddenly I feel Eva get on top of me and he referee counts to three. Her song starts playing and she quickly gets out of the ring.

I sit up angrily as Summer grins from ear to ear. I huff and puff until I finally get up and walk backstage.

I walk to the bathroom and get some paper towels to wipe off my sweat. I notice that my jaw is really red. I move it and it hurts so I decide to stop messing with it.

I'm feeling really thirsty so I grab a bottle of water and take a seat on a chair as I watch the TV screen.

I stop drinking water once I see Roman walk out. The crowd start to make noise, some boo and some cheer. He looks so breathtaking.

He gets in the ring and gets a microphone. "I came out here because I think it is necessary to get some things straight." He begins, I pay close attention as he starts talking again.

"First of all, I'm tired of you, Punk. You call yourself a man and then you come and surprise attack me? You send your lover to do the same to, Paige?" I hold my breath once he mentions my name.

Punks theme starts playing and he walks out. "I am a man. I am the man. I'm the best in the world." He says. Roman raises an eyebrow, "In what world? Because you sure as hell ain't the best in this world. You're nothing but a liar and a cheater."

He laughs, "I'm not a cheater. I'm smart something you don't know about." Roman rolls his eyes, "Yeah whatever. I just don't think that's fair. We already has a match at Battleground and you two won so what's the point of all of this?"

Punk sighs, "Ah Roman. You're clueless aren't you? You and I both know we want that Championship. Both of us can't have it. I need to get rid of my competition."

"Alright but why bring Paige in all of this?" Roman says, once again I hold my breath when he mentions my name. "Because she's competition for my, Summer."

"Yeah you got that right because she's better than Summer a hundred percent." The crowd cheers and I feel my cheeks turn a bright pink. "You wish. Actually she wishes she was as good as my, Summer."

"I'm just tired of games man. I'm tired of running away from my problems, I'm tired of it. I'm tired of hurting people. And I'm sorry, sorry if I've ever hurt you." He looks at the screen.

I stare right into his eyes and it feels like he's standing in front of me. Punk looks confused and tries to stay in character, "Okay? Enough of hat stupid shit. I came out here to challenge you to a match. A final match, if you win I'll leave you alone but if you win- even though I highly doubt it- you get what you want."

•••
I'm chewing my nails as I'm waking back and ford down the hall. "Hey, Paige." Roman says. I stop working and look up to see him standing there.

His match with Punk is later on tonight. He just came backstage and I feel like running away. "Can I talk to you?"

I bite the inside of my cheek. "Please." He says, I nod my head. "Alright. First off, I think you might want to sit down. It's a long story."

We take a seat and my heart is beating loudly against my chest. "I want to say sorry, sorry for avoiding you for weeks. I know that's not an excuse but things got out of control."

"Who's the girl?" I whisper, he takes a deep breath, "Her name is Galina. She was my fiancé." He says.

I suddenly start feeling panic in me. She was his fiancé. "I loved her. Loved her a lot. Loved her for a long time."

I feel an ache in my chest but try to ignore it. "We were really close to getting married. I was sure she was the one, but she didn't think so. She started doubting her feelings and weeks before our wedding she ended things with me. I was so heartbroken. My heart was shattered. I thought I would never recover, I thought I would never fall in love again but then I met you."

I bite the inside of my lip as he continues talking, "When Galina came back to my life again I was scared. I never doubted my feelings for you, Paige. I never stopped thinking about you but I was scared. Scared things would end up like they ended up with her. That's why I avoided you because I thought that being away from you would be safe. But these things I feel for you, Paige, I can't control. You've become my everything, my oxygen, my weakness. And I'm willing to risk it all for you... for us."

He holds my hand and I don't pull away. "But she kissed you and she-" he cuts off me off, "That was her. I didn't feel anything at all. I can't promise this is going to work out but I promise I'm willing to try."

"And Randy? Aren't you mad about that?" I ask quietly. "It did hurt and I did feel like punching a hole in Randy's face, but I know you did it to make me jealous." He says.

I feel a huge relief and I hug him. I've missed feeling his arms around me. I've missed being close to him.

"Paige." He whispers, I pull away and look him in the eyes. He's looking at me with so much sweetness and my heart is melting by the second. 

"Will you be my girlfriend?"