Part 14

"Did she miss him? She wanted to lose herself in him. To tie his arms around her like a tourniquet. If she showed him how much she needed him, he'd run away."

*
*
*

"This is it, you guys!" Natalya says clapping her hands as she gets up from a chair. "I'm so nervous!" I say grabbing my tummy. "We are going to wrestle in front of THOUSANDS of people. Eeeeek!" Aj says.

"Girls, y'all are so lucky. I can't wait to get back in the ring." Brie says with a sigh. She's here with us right now. She couldn't miss Wrestlemania of course.

"Good thing you guys wrestle first." Emma says sticking her tongue out at Aj and Nikki. "Ugh, don't remind me. I feel like throwing up. That's how nervous and excited I am." Nikki says siting down where Nattie was, it's her turn to get her hair and makeup done.

"Well shouldn't we get changed?" Naomi asks, "Yeah. We have about two hours until our match starts." Layla says.

"We're about to go on." Seth says kissing Nikki on the lips. "Good luck baby!" Nikki says stretching over to give him a hug. "Yeah, he's going to need luck." Dean says with a smirk holding his title. "I'm sure you're going to win." Aj whispers with an evil smile.

Dean whispers something else in her ear and she blushes uncontrollably. "Ew you pigs. Stop whispering nasty things to each other." I say laughing. "We weren't even-!" Aj says but then Emma cuts her off.

"Oh yeah, baby, if I win I'm going to tie you to the bed and make love to you." She hugs me from the neck and I follow her lead trying to sound like Aj. "Oh yes Dean baby, I like it when you talk dirty to me."

"Ew!" Nikki says laughing. "Okay enough porn." Brie says with a chuckle. "How did you guys know that's how we talk to each other?" Dean says with a smirk.

"Dean!" Aj says blushing. "I'm kiddingggg." Dean says putting his arm around her but then mouthing "I'm not."

Emma and I look at each other a giggle. "Dean, Seth, you're up." Mark says. Dean and Seth walk away. "I'm going to the bathroom." I tell the girls, Emma sits on the chair to get her hair and makeup done.

I'm walking down the hall when I stop in front of a small screen. I see Dean walk in the arena, the crowds cheers and they're all holding up signs supporting him.

Seconds later Seth walks in, the crowd of course boos him. I'm watching the match begin when I feel somebody standing behind me.

It's Roman.

I don't know what to do so I just stand there and continue watching the match even though I'm not paying attention.

He doesn't say anything and I'm biting my lip trying to calm down. I finally can't take the silence and I speak.

"Who do you think will win?"

"They're both really good. Anything can happen." He says. I turn around surprised that he answered. His eyes are glued to the screen.

I stare at him with a melting heart. He makes me melt. Literally. He's so gorgeous, so, so gorgeous. It kills me.

He takes his eyes off the screen and smiles. "I thought you hated me now." It comes out before I can stop it. "Never." He says, "I'm just hurt."

My heart aches when he says that. "I'm sorry." It comes out as a whisper and he smiles again. "It's fine. I'll get over it." Get over it? Does that mean he will try to forget about me? My heart races and I suddenly feel panic.

"You mean, get over me?" My throat feels tight, like I might scream. "I don't know if I can." He says. I look at the floor and sigh, if only I could tell him how I really feel.

"You should try." I say, even though I really don't want him to. "It's hard." He says, "Because it's something I really want. It's something I really wish. And it's not going to happen. It's a sucky feeling. You know?"

Yes, yes, I know Roman! I know. My head screams but I just stare like an idiot. He looks at me again, intensely, so I look away.

Suddenly I feel somebody hug me. I turn around and see its Kevin. Oh, God. "Hey beautiful!" He says kissing my cheek, I quickly glance at Roman who has an uncomfortable look on his face.

"Roman-" I'm cut off by Kevin. "Oh, hey there man." He tells Roman. Roman just nods his head like saying hey and walks away. "Wow, fucking rude." Kevin says. "He's not rude." I say in a defensive tone.

"He seems like it." Kevin says with a shrug. "Well he's not. He's a very nice person." I don't realize how much I'm defending him until Kevin gives me an odd look.

"Anyways," he says changing the subject. "I'm so glad to see you!" He hugs me again and I feel so weird being hugged by him. He's a nice guy but I'm not feeling it. "My band is so excited to see you wrestle. I just saw your mum a while ago."

"Oh, you already met my mom?" I ask completely surprised. "Yep, introduced myself as your boyfriend." He grins and I frown. "What?"

"Yeah. I mean we're not dating yet but I'm predicting that's going to change very soon." He tries to kiss me and I push him away. "Kevin, what the fuck." I say my anger rushing through my veins.

"I'm sorry." He says, "I know it's not the time." He says in an apologetic voice. "Okay." I say, "I - I have to go get ready." I walk away.

"Where were you?" Brie asks as I sit to get my hair and makeup done. "That was a long bathroom break." Emma chuckles. "I was watching the match." I say, Aj and Nikki are glued to the tv screen.

I see that Seth is pinning Dean and Aj jumps up happy when Dean kicks out. "Hang in there baby!" Aj screams.

"Aj, chill." Nattie says, "Aj has no chill." Brie says with a grin. "Oh my gosh, that referee is counting so fucking slow!" Nikki says.

I close my eyes as the lady starts doing my eye makeup. Why did Kevin try to kiss me? I have to talk to him. I have to tell him there's no way him and I are ever going to be a thing.

"Yes!" Aj screams. "Damn." Nikki says sadly. I open my eyes and see that Dean won, he grins and kisses his belt.

Minutes later Dean and Seth walk backstage. "You did good man." Dean says giving Seth a little hug. When they pull away Aj kisses Dean to congratulate him.

Then Nikki hugs Seth to make him feel better.

I watch in jealousy.

I wish I could kiss Roman like that.

I wish I could hug him like that.

I so very badly wish he was mine.