Part 24

why would you choose me?
no one else ever did. --r.i.d
*
*
*
*
I sit on the bench watching some of the Divas get on their attires. Of course JoJo is here with Emma.

She hasn't talked to me since yesterday when we got to the hotel. I tried to get her to eat dinner with me but she made up an excuse saying she wasn't hungry.

Emma is always hungry so I know that's a lie. I just don't know why she's upset with me. I've been thinking about it so much and I just don't understand why. It gives me a headache just thinking about it.

My mind keeps going back to three days ago. Emma was fine, she talked to me. Then the next morning all of the sudden she just acted all weird. And JoJo came out of nowhere and now they're best friends.

Even though it has only been three days, it feels like an eternity. I bite my lip as Emma walks out with JoJo without even glancing at me.

"What's up with you and Emma?" Nikki asks sitting beside me. She puts her hair down and massages her scalp. "I don't know." I tell her because I honestly don't know.

"What do you mean you don't know?" She asks, I shrug feeling my heartache, "I really don't know. I feel so sad and empty. I'm literally watching my best friend replace me."

Nikki shakes her head no, "Nonsense, Paige. Maybe Emma is on her period and she's probably having mood swings. You know how we women are." I sigh nodding, "Yeah. I guess so."

"Hey just cheer up okay? You're always the wild happy one and we don't like to see you down. Emma will talk to you eventually, she will tell you what's bothering her. Give her time. Alright?" She smiles and gives me a hug. "You're too sweet that it's nasty." I say hugging her back.

She laughs and let's go, "Well I'm going to get my makeup done. Want to walk with me?" She asks and I nod following her out. I usually walk with Emma but not today.

"When will you be able to wrestle?" Nikki asks sitting down on a chair. "I think maybe one more week. The doctor checked me and said that I'm doing good and that my ribs are good."

"Roman literally crushed you. Legit thought he killed you." She says closing her eyes as they begin to apply eyeshadow. "Me too dude. I saw him coming straight to me and I knew I was screwed."

"Yeah I know that feeling. Remember that one time Erick Rowan punched me in the face?" She laughs, "Oh yeah! I remember, you had that bruise for like two weeks."

"Oh yeah. But hey on the bright side Roman was on top of you." She smirks and I roll my eyes, "Yeah on top of me crushing my insides."

"I bet he was crushing your insides." She laughs and I have to laugh with her. "Ew you're so nasty, Nicole."

"You were thinking about it." She says, "Yeah but you said it." I say and then we both laugh. "In all seriousness though, Roman seemed very concerned about you after he speared you." She now has her eyes opened and I feel a blush creep onto my face.

"Really huh?" I ask trying to play it cool but my heart is literally beating out of my chest. "Yeah. He immediately got off you and his face was so pale. After the cameras stopped recording he followed you backstage as the paramedics took you to the room. Seth and Dean went to get him out because he didn't want to leave your side. He told Seth and Dean how guilty he felt and he blabbed and blabbed about you."

I feel myself smiling and I don't realize this until Nikki grins. "Emma likes him though." I whisper like its a shameful thing, which I guess it is. "I know but you liked him first. Don't try to deny it because I could tell. I'm sure everyone could tell. Talk to Emma about it. Don't wait too long or she'll feel like you're hiding something from her."

I am. I think to myself, "Nikki I ki-" I'm about to tell her everything that happened with Roman but then Seth approaches Nikki. "Hello my beautiful, Nicole." He pecks her lips.

"It's Nikki, Rollins." She says with a chuckle, "We've been over this babe." He says with a smirk. He then looks at me, "Hey Paige."

"Hi Seth." I say with a smile. I see Emma walk by with JoJo and I smile at her but she doesn't smile back. And I could've sworn I saw hatred in her eyes.

•••
she was a shooting star,
her smile so bright and rare,
that by the time that you had blinked,
there was no sign it had been there. --e.h

"Paige, Paige." A person shakes me lightly. I open my eyes and see a grinning Aj standing in front of me. "I'm going to eat breakfast, want to come?"

"Yeah. Give me a second." I say getting out of bed. I'm glad Aj woke me up because I didn't want to go downstairs alone.

Aj is already ready, she's got her hair up in a pony tail and she's wearing her glasses. Along with a tank top, jeans, and her pink converse. She looks cute without even trying, something I wish I could pull off.

I sometimes wish I could dress cute and nerdy like her, or sexy and outgoing like Nikki, or casual but classy like Brie, or girly and and flirty like Emma. But I can't pull that off. So I stick to black because black is a beautiful color.

People often think it's sad and depressing but black is beautiful to me. I love to wear it and my style might be basic but it's cool to me.

After I get ready Aj and I walk to eat breakfast. Dean is already there and he quickly runs to Aj kissing her cheek like crazy. "Barf." I tease and Dean sticks his tongue out.

I take a seat next to Nikki and I notice that Emma isn't here yet. I get up to get breakfast and when I get back I see Roman has taken a seat next to me.

I sit down nervously and try to avoid eye contact. To make things even more awkward I see Emma and JoJo walk to the table with plates in their hands.

Emma sits down in front of me and JoJo sits in front of Roman. Everyone starts talking and I glance at Emma. She's stabbing her food but not eating it.

"Hey Emma." I say, she doesn't answer and I repeat it. She still ignores me and instead turns to talk to JoJo.

I feel my anger rise, "What's your problem?" I say loudly. People stop talking and stare at me. Emma ignores me again and keeps talking like nothing.

"I said what's your problem." This time I say this louder. She finally stops talking and stares at me coldly. It sends chills down my spine. She has never looked at me like this before. She's looking at me like she truly hates me.

"You're my problem."