Part 41

"Sorry about the match." Roman says once we're backstage. "It's fine. Things happen." I say with a small shrug. He rubs his temples and sighs.

"Yeah, well I'm going to go change." He says. I nod my head and watch him walk away. That's all he's done lately. Just walk away from me. He's not the same anymore.

He's not that sweet, comforting, Roman that I need. I need that back. I need him back because it hurts. It hurts so much because I want him so bad and all of the sudden it feels like he's not interested in me no more.

I don't want it to be like other guys. I want this to be different. I want this so bad it's killing me.

"What's up my buttjuice?" Dean says. I turn around and realize I've been staring at Roman walk away for a while. "Nothing." I answer facing Dean.

I've got my arms crossed across my chest and he must've realized I'm not in the mood for little insults right now because his expression immediately softens.

"Aww, it'll be okay." He says, "It won't be okay. It's not going to be okay until he decided to talk to me. It's been like four weeks Dean! He's been ignoring me and avoiding me and you know it."

"He's just, he's I don't know. Confused? Maybe. Give him time." He says leaning on the wall. "Time? How much more time? I think I've given him plenty."

He stays silent for a bit and the finally speaks up, "I know what you can do to definitely get him to notice you." I suddenly feel a burst of joy and I uncross my arms and lean in to Dean.

"What is it?" I say, he indicates me to lean in closer and I do. "Go to his room and surprise him by laying on his bed naked." He whispers.

I give him a look, "What?!" He nods his head, "I'm serious. He will definitely notice you and he won't ignore you trust me. Unless he's gay, but you see we both know he isn't so aha that's the answer my dear." He says with a grin.

"You say the stupidest shit ever." I say shaking my head but then laughing at his stupid ideas. "My ideas are great and they work. Haven't you heard that I'm the love whisperer?" He does a movement with his hands as he whispers love whisperer.

"No one calls you that." I say and he sticks his tongue out, "I'm still a love expert." I roll my eyes, "Yeah okay, Dean."

"Alright, alright, I have another plan. If you're up to it of course." He says, "Okay. But it better not involve me getting naked or something like that."

"Getting naked is always the answer. But in this case, I guess not. So tonight they're going out like usual and I can convince Roman to go out so you can talk to him."

"I don't know. It's going to be loud at the club and it's just I don't know." I say. "You're a little wimp." He says poking my shoulder. "Am not." I say, "Are too." He says as we fight like little kids.

"Then do it. Prove me wrong, Paige." He grins and I hate him for doing this. He knows I can't stand not winning. Especially against him.

"Fine. But he better be there." I say and then walk to the locker rooms. Truth is I am a wimp. I'm scared to even try to talk to him. So scared.

•••

"I'm so happy you decided to join us tonight." Nikki says as the music is blasting loudly against our ears. "Yeah." I say looking around, Roman isn't here. Neither is Dean or Aj. He must've not convinced him and now I'm regretting being here.

"Want something to drink?" Fox says as she hands me a drink. "I'll rather not." I say shaking my head remembering that awful hungover I had the last time I drink alcohol.

"Don't be a party pooper." She says handing me the drink again. I take it with a smile but as soon as she turns around I put it down on the table.

"Come on, let's dance!" Nikki says pulling me along as Seth and her make their way to the dance floor. "No I really don't-" she ignores me and keeps pulling me until we're in the middle of a dancing crowd.

Nikki and Seth start dancing and I try to walk out of the crowd but end up bumping into Nattie, Eva, Aj and Dean. I quickly look for Roman and in the distance I see a tall figure that I would never mistake for any other.

Dean glances at me and nods at me. I take a deep breath and walk away from the dancing loud crowd.

I walk slowly as I make my way through the crowd. As I get closer I see that Roman is talking to someone I can't see.

He then shakes his head and walks away. I then see that it's that girl. She was talking to him. And she's following him. I stop walking and stare as they walk out of the club.

My breathing increases and I want to turn around and just forget I saw that. But my pride is too much so I follow them outside.

When I walk out I don't see them around until I hear voices. I start walking towards the voices and see that they're standing by a bush.

"Roman, why won't you listen to me?" She says, "I don't want to. I've had enough of your mind games. How did you even know that I was here? Who told you?" Roman doesn't sound mad but he doesn't sound happy either.

"I'm not playing mind games. I'm serious. And It doesn't matter how I knew you were here." She sounds desperate and she holds his hand.

"Roman, I still love you. And I know you love me too. Stop denying that you don't miss me, I know you do. I know you miss holding me. I know it because I feel it. I know you still care and love me because we were so, so, close to getting married." She leans in to him and kisses him.

The words hit me like a bucket of cold ice water.  I stand there frozen as my tears fall from my eyes. I feel like I've been punched in the gut. It feels like I've been thrown from the very top rope and fallen straight down on my back. There's not enough air for my lungs.  I feel like I can't breath.

I accidentally make a noise with the bush and they both look up to look at me.I look at their hands and then at Roman. He lets go of her hand and walks to me.

"Paige, I have to explain some things to you." He says. "Who is she?" She says with bitterness in her voice.

I look at her and then at Roman but don't say anything as more tears fall. "Who is she?" Her voice has gotten louder. "That's none of your business." Roman says angrily.

The girl crosses her arms across her chest, "It matters to me." She says walking to him. Roman grabs my arm but I pull way harshly. "Paige! Paige wait!" He says as I run back to the club.

I feel like such an idiot. I should've never believe in his words. I should've never fell for him the way I did.

I'm rushing trough a crowd looking for a bathroom. I just want to go to a stall and cry. I'm walking too fast that I fall and trip over someone's foot.

I hit the cold floor and fee someone grab me. "Are you okay?" I look up and see Randy staring at me. He helps me up and I wipe some dirty from my clothes.

I start to sob uncontrollably and he looks at me sadly. "Oh no, did you get that hurt?" He says, I keep crying and don't say a word.

He leans in and pulls me in for a hug. I don't hesitate and start crying on his chest with flushed cheeks.