Part 35

it's hard not to
fall in love with someone
when they see the
mixed up parts of your soul.
when they understand
the darkest and dustiest corners of your mind.
when it's four a.m.
and they call because they know you're not asleep -- j.k
*
*
*
*
"Come on Paige! Are you that weak?" Brie says as I lay on the mat holding my chest. She has just finished doing kicks on my chest something she loves to do with her opponents.

The crowd starts clapping for me giving me strength. I get up and slap her across the face. She stumbles a bit but knocks me right back down.

She goes to the opposite side of the rope and screams, "Brie mode!" She's running towards me when I move out and she falls out of the ring giving me some time to recover.

"Come on Brie, get up!" Nikki says holding Brie and picking her up. I walk outside the ring towards them but Seth gets in my face.

"Step away she's not ready." He says holding his hand in front of my face. I smile at him but then slap his hand away from my face. "I could care less."

I try to walk to Brie but Seth holds me back. I'm trying to get away from him when Brie walks over to me. She kicks me in the stomach knocking the breath out of me, the referee starts counting and Seth lets me go.

Brie walks in the ring and I lay on the ground holding my stomach. Seth leans over and laughs in my face. I try to swing at him but he moves back.

The referee is already in 9 and when he's about to say 10 I quickly get in the ring. Brie groans frustrated and grabs me by the hair.

I elbow her chin and she lets me go. Then I drop kick her and she's on the ground. That's when I grab her and do my submission move on her. Nikki and Seth get on the ring and try to distract the referee but he's not looking back.

Brie is screaming in pain and I know she's going to give up any second. Suddenly I hear Summers theme song, I look up startled and she comes out of nowhere kicking me from behind. I fall on top of Brie and the disqualification bell rings.

Summer starts attacking me and Brie is dragged out of the ring by Nikki. I try to get up but just as I'm about to Summer kicks me down. I stay down breathing heavily as her theme song plays again.

I see Punk walk in the ring kissing her cheek. As they walk out Summer screams loser making an L with her hand.

After a few minutes I walk backstage holding my chest. I grab a bottle of water and gulp it down. "Are you okay?" Roman asks popping out of nowhere.

"Yeah." I say closing the water bottle.  "Sorry I could go out there to defend you. Punk wasn't doing anything against you so I couldn't." He says in an apologetic way.

"It's fine, you don't need to apologize. I'm tough, I can handle it." I say and he smiles, "Oh yeah for sure. You're one of the toughest females I know."

"Why do you say that?" I ask, "Because I know you've been through stuff and yet you still manage to keep a smile on your face. You're brave. Not to mention a badass wrestler."

"I always thought I was weak." I whisper biting the inside of my cheek. "You're not. Believe me I'm telling the truth." He says. A strand of my hair falls in my face and he puts it behind my ear.

"Um, excuse me," Mark says clearing his throat. Roman and I turn our attention to him. "I'm informing you guys that next week on Raw Roman and you are going against Punk and Summer."

Roman and I? Partners again? Roman nods and Mark walks away. "You don't want to be partners?" He asks, "I do. It just kind of surprised me." I say.

"Are you sure?" He asks and I nod my head, "Well I have to get ready for my match." He says reaching over to untie his hair. I can't help but to look at his muscles as he flexes. They're just there and you can't help but to glance.

"Against who?" I say trying my best not to stare. "Randy." He says and I gasp by accident. "Don't worry, we'll keep things professional." He says, "Did you see Randy hug me?" I ask nervously.

"Yeah." he says with a loud sigh, "And I didn't like it." He says looking at me intensely. "I hated watching him hold you close. I hated the way he enjoyed it. Hated every second of it."

"Roman, I didn-" he holds his finger up against my lips. "I know he hugged you. I know he likes you and I'm sure he knows we like each other. Randy is a nice guy, he's never disrespected me and I know he won't try to screw up anything. Yes, I got super jealous but I'm not mad at you. I won't take it out on you or him. And of course I know why he fell for you because who wouldn't?"

I smile at him as he removes his finger from my closed lips. "You're amazing, you know that?" I say. I see a pink blush creep up his cheeks and I swear it's the cutest thing in the world. "Thank you. No ones ever told me that. I'm glad you think so."

"I've always thought so." I tell him, "You're up in ten minutes." Jane says as she's walking by us. "That means a lot. Sorry I have to go get ready or I'll be late. I'll see you later." He says, "It's fine go ahead." I tell him.

I turn around and start walking to the locker room when I feel a breeze behind me. I feel Romans lips on my cheek and I turn around quickly, by the time I turn around he's already down the hall.