Part 23

I was so undeserving,
And yet, you were so relentless.
I pushed-- you pulled.
I wept-- you embraced.
I bled-- you repaired.
I faltered-- you shushed.
I stopped-- you smiled.
I was a disaster-- the worse kind.
And yet, you still had the audacity to let me know I was beautiful. - Unknown.
*
*
*
*
I'm looking everywhere waiting for Emma to all in the bus. We always, always, get on the same bus. And we always, always, sit on the same seat.

The bus is almost full and I don't see her. "Can I sit here?" Randy asks, I look up at him and smile nervously. "Well, this is Emma's seat. Sorry."

He looks at me confused, "But Emma is already on another bus." This time I'm the one that's confused. "What?" He nods his head, "Yeah. I just came from the bus beside us and it was full. I saw her sitting beside a curly head."

I swallow looking down trying to hide my pain. "Oh, well, sure take a seat." He sits down beside me and I look out the window. "Are you okay?" He asks.

"Yeah, I just thought Emma would get on this bus." I say with a hurt smile. "Ahh, well she probably got on the wrong bus." I can tell he's trying to make me feel better but it's not working. Emma would never get on the wrong bus. It's impossible.

I take out my phone from my pocket and text her. "Why didn't you get on the bus? I was waiting for you 😏." I send it and it says it's delivered.

I stare at my screen for two minutes but she still hasn't read it. Even though it doesn't show I know for sure she did read it, she just didn't reply.

I turn off my phone and sigh, I notice Randy looking at me. I smile and he smiles back. Then something catches my attention from the corner of my eye.

Roman is standing in the front of the bus. He frowns at Randy who doesn't seem to notice because he's checking something on his phone. I open my mouth like I'm going to tell him something but I don't.

He looks upset and then he looks around. There's no seats so he gets off but before he gets off he glances at me.

Randy looks at me again and smiles, I smile back and then turn to face the window. I close my eyes wondering what's going on with Emma and wondering if Roman is mad and how in the world am I going to tell Emma about Roman.

•••
"Wakey, wakey." Randy says, I open my eyes startled and look around. People are getting up and I know we have arrived at the hotel.

I yawn stretching my arms. "I was knocked out." I say and he chuckles. "Yeah, I know. I think I saw you drool." He laughs and I feel my cheeks blush.

"Just kidding." He says still laughing, "Hey that wasn't funny!" I say but still laugh. He lets me get out first and we walk to get our stuff outside the bus.

I'm reaching for my bags but he grabs them along with another hand. I look up and see Roman standing there. Randy and him are both grabbing my bag.

"I can help her." Roman says, "I think I should. Since I was here first." Randy says, I see Roman clench his jaw and I know he's pissed.

"Um, I can. I can do it myself." I say getting in between them. Randy and Roman don't break eye contact, I then see Randy smirk and Roman steps closer but I put my hand on his chest. "Please don't." I whisper.

I feel Roman relax a little and then I look at Randy. "What have you thought of what I asked, Paige?" He says. Crap. Of course he had to mention it.

Roman looks at me and all of the sudden I feel so intimidated because I'm being stared down by both. Not to mention they're like way taller than me.

"Uh, I still haven't- I still haven't thought about it." I say almost whispering. "It's okay, take your time." He smiles at me and walks away with a last wave.

"What does he want from you?" Roman asks, he sounds so furious and he's never talked to me like that. "Would you tone it down a little?" I say feeling myself get mad.

"No, I won't tone it down. I can't stand him and now he's talking to you? He even sat down beside you! What is this thing he's talking about huh?"

Roman is close to me and I step away. I look around and thank God Emma's bus hasn't arrived yet. "Stop screaming! There's no reason to scream. We're not even a thing, okay? So you shouldn't get mad."

Roman seems to calm down and he looks down at his shoes. "You're right." He says quietly. "Roman." I say hoping I didn't hurt his feeling again. "Paige." He says looking at me. His messy bun is falling out of place but he still looks drop dead gorgeous.

"Randy asked me to hang out with him." I say, "Are you going to?" He asks quickly. "No." I say and Roman immediately smiles. "Thank you."

"What do you mean thank you?" I ask with a chuckle. He grabs my bags and we start walking to the hotel. "Well, I appreciate the fact that you're not going to accept. Randy is probably better than me and you could have any guy you want. You're absolutely beautiful. Breathtaking, I'd say."

He smiles and I blush, "Oh Roman." I smile looking at the ground. We enter the hotel lobby and he puts my bags down. "I have to go get mine, I kinda ran to your bus when I saw Randy talking to you." He smiles sheepishly.

I smile a little and he walks away. I'm still smiling at myself when I see my friends walk in. I immediately look for Emma.

I spot her right away and walk to her. "Emma, why weren't you on the bus?" She's with JoJo of course. "I forgot." She says with no expression. "What do you mean?" I ask, I see Roman walk in with Dean and Aj.

He sees that I'm with Emma and he seems to understand not to get close. "I just forgot. Plus the other bus is way better." She says walking to the receptionist.

"Oh yeah, it's great." JoJo says. Nikki glances at me and raises an eyebrow, I shrug walking with the rest of the girls.

"Okay so have you guys picked your roommates?" The lady asks. "I'll stay with Eva." Nattie speaks up, "I'll room in with Brie." Nikki says, "Ew." Brie says with a chuckle.

"Oh my gosh, you know you've missed rooming in with me." Nikki says and Brie wrinkles her nose. "I'll stay with JoJo." Emma says, that's when I literally feel my heart sink to my stomach.

"I'll stay with you, Paige." Aj says with a sympathetic smile. After everyone gets done getting their key I walk up to Emma. I pull her aside away from JoJo. "Why did you room in with her?"

"It's time for a change." She says with a smile and walks away. I rub my temples, "She's just trying to be nice to the new girl." Aj says.

"I just don't understand. She's been acting so weird since this morning. I feel like I'm being replaced." I say suddenly realizing that it's probably true.

"No, she would never replace you. Don't worry." Aj says as she gets on her tippy toes to put her arm around me. I smile and wrap my arm around her tiny body.