Part 43

i crave your mouth,
your voice,
your hair. --Unknown.
*
*
*

My heart is racing as I keep jogging on the treadmill. The whole night I didn't sleep again. Lately that's all I do is just lay on the bed and think and turn.

The lack of sleep is really getting to me and it's shadowing by giving me hideous dark circles under my eyes.

I got up this morning and been here in the gym for almost two hours. I'm tired and exhausted but I'll rather work out than sit down and overthink everything.

"Good morning." Randy says behind me, I stop the tread mill and wipe my sweat. "Good morning." I say putting my hands over my head trying to slow down my breathing.

"Been working out a lot huh?" He says as he starts warming up. "Yep must keep up my shape." I say walking over to my bag and taking a drink of water.

"Oh yeah. Are you leaving now?" He asks. I sit down on the floor and lean against the wall. I can see Randy's reflection through the mirror walls. "I don't know. I might work out some more."

"It's not good to over do it." He says as he starts walking on the tread mill. "Well thank you Mr. Orton, I didn't know that."

He smirks and stares at me through the mirror, "You're full of sarcasm, Paige. I like that." He says as he begins speeding up.

"I'm glad at least someone likes it." I say as I get up. My legs feel a bit shaky but I walk to pick up weights.

As in doing it I start squatting. My legs start to feel a familiar burning sensation but I try to ignore it and keep doing it.

"Why wouldn't I like it? You're pretty great. I'm glad we talk more now. I enjoy it, I enjoy being your friend." He says as he's running. "I also enjoy it." I say as Im mentally counting in my head.

I'm squatting down when I hear the door of the gym open. There's voices and a laughter. I look up and also of drop the weight when I see Roman and Seth.

He looks at me and then at Randy. They stare at each other for a few seconds and Romans expression immediately changes.

"This was probably a bad idea." Seth says to himself. I put the weight down because all of the sudden I feel weak. I try to ignore eye contact with Roman as I grab my stuff.

"Good morning, Seth." I say as I walk by him, "I'll see you later, Randy." I say walking out the door. My heart rate is up and I curse myself because he has that effect on me.

He still makes me feel things I shouldn't. I want to hate him but I can't. My stupid heart still believes in him and it's so sad. I'm tired of being lied to and used. Im tired of feeling this way.

"Paige, wait." Roman says. I walk faster and take the stairs instead of the elevator. I'm running up the stairs when he grabs my gym bag and pulls me back.

I immediately pull away and look at him harshly. "Leave me alone." I say trying my best to sound cold but I just sound scared. "No, I need to explain things to you." He says, "Please, Paige. Please. Please just let me talk to you. What do you want? For me to get on my knees. I'll do it."

He gets down on a step and kneels down on both knees. "Please." He says again, I feel my heart melt and I want to so very badly hug him and kiss him and tell him I forgive him for everything. And tell him I want to start over but I can't do that. I can't.

I shake my head and turn around. I start to walk again and I hear him get up and follow me.

I speed up and finally get to my room floor. I open the door and walk down the hallway. I still hear him behind me and I feel anger rise in me.

I'm about to knock on the door to get Aj to open up and he gets in front of me. "Paige, what you saw was a mistake. Listen I need to tell you who she is and what happened."

He suddenly looks behind me, he sighs and I turn around and see Randy there. Now I'm in the middle of Randy and Roman. I've never felt so intimidated.

"I just needed to make sure everything was okay." Randy says to me but looking at Roman. "I would appreciate it if you left us to talk alone." Roman responds.

Randy looks at me, "Are you okay with that?" He asks, "I don't want to talk to Roman." I say. Roman puffs and rubs his temples.

"You heard her man." Randy says. Roman steps closer and gets in Randy's face. I hold my breath because it feels like they're going to throw punches.

"Randy, I've never had a problem with you and I don't want to have a problem right now." Roman says slowly. "Well she doesn't want to talk to you." He responds getting closer.

I have to step in before things get out of control. "Okay that's enough." I say stepping in the middle of both. "Well I just really need to talk to you." Roman says.

"I can't. Randy and I are going out right now." I say, Randy gives me a surprised look but follows along with it. "Yeah that's right."

Roman looks at me, "Paige stop lying." He says, "I'm not." I say in a serious tone. "I decided to give Randy a chance because unlike you he speaks with the truth."

"What?" Roman asks with a perplex look. "Yeah." I say, without thinking I turn around and pull in Randy for a kiss.

Randy's eyes widen and when I pull away I see Romans hurt expression on his eyes. He clenches his fist and he opens his mouth like he's going to say something but he walks away.

I see Randy and he still looks so confused. I hit my head against the wall, what have I done?