Part 28

After my match we go backstage. Dean greets Aj in the back and hugs her. "Good job baby." He says kissing her head. "I'm getting something to drink. Do you want me to bring you something?" He asks. "Yes. I'll go with you." She says.

"Do you want something, Paige?" Dean asks me. I shake my head, "No, thanks." They walk away and I stand in the hallway waiting to see Roman somewhere.

I see Seth walking towards me and I stop him, "Hey Seth." I say, he smiles, "Hi Paige. What's up?" He asks, "Do you know where I can find Roman?" I ask. He smirks, "Oooh la la. Are you finally going to make up?"

I roll my eyes, "Okay enough teasing. Do you know where I can find him?" He laughs, "Yeah. He was in the locker room."

"Thank you." I say with a grin. I walk away from him and head to the boys locker room. I stand beside the door waiting for him to walk out. What Dean said gave me confidence and hope. Maybe he is right.

Being away from Roman isn't making me happy, it isn't making Roman happy, and not even Emma.

The door opens up and I turn my head. Randy walks out and he looks at me. "Hey there Paige. Waiting for me?" He grins. "Just kidding. What's up?" He says wiping some sweat off his forehead with a napkin.

"Well, I was um. I was-" before I can finish my sentence Roman walks out. He looks at me and quickly looks away. "Uh, I'll- I'll talk to you later Randy. I'm kind of in a hurry." I say as I watch Roman walk down the hall.

He looks at Roman and then at me. "Oh okay." He says. I smile apologetic and rush behind Roman. "Roman!"

I call out his name but he keeps walking. "Roman. Wait-wait up." I say. He makes it outside the arena and I see he keeps walking towards the parking lot.

"Roman. Wait!" I say as I reach for his arm. He stops and pills his arm away from me. "Roman?" I say, I can hear the hurt in my own voice. "I know I said to stay away from me and everything but Dean talked to me. You see he really made me see that even though I'm away from you that doesn't mean I'll forget about my feelings for you."

He doesn't say anything. He just stares at the ground and doesn't even look at me. "I really like you and-" he stops me from talking.

"Please. Don't." He says. "What do you mean?" I ask. "I can't keep doing this, Paige." He simply says. It's dark and kind of chilly outside, I can barely see him but I look at him until he looks up.

His icy blue eyes still shine through the dark and he finally looks at me. "I don't want to do this anymore." He looks me straight in the eyes and I'm frozen.

"I feel like I'm constantly having to fight for you. For your attention. For your affection," he begins. "Randy is obviously interested in you." He says. "But I don't like, Randy." I say softly.

"He's better than me anyways. Kevin likes you too and I bet he's a great guy. I caused your best friend and you to get mad at each other. You just deserve better." He says quietly.

"Better than me." He whispers. "Roman, don't . . . don't say that." I reach over to touch his cheek. He leans into it and closes his eyes. "You do deserve better, Paige. I'm not the one for you. You and I are complete opposites, you're young, wild, free spirited. I'm just a boring, simple, gawky, guy."

I shake my head feeling my heart crumple. "No, no. How can you say something like that? Don't think that of yourself. It hurts me." He opens his eyes and turns his head to kiss my palm lightly.

"I'm sorry, Paige. I give up. I'm too weak, I don't want to get hurt. Not again. Sorry." He says. I slowly move away from his face and feel my whole insides collapse.

He pulls me in close. His fingertips are cold against my exposed back. He then leans over and gives me the sweetest kiss on my head. I stand there not knowing what to do or say.

I want to scream, I want to cry, but I do nothing. I watch him walk away from me as I die inside.

My eyes start to sting because I haven't blinked in a while. Finally I blink my eyes slowly. Even though I want to sob and scream, nothing comes out.

I think that's worse than screaming and crying. I feel so numb and cold. I hear giggling and laughing.

Emma, Summer and JoJo are walking to a car. Emma sees me, she looks at me coldly and hatefully.

Her eyes never stop staring at me as she walks by. She even shoves me with her shoulder and smiles. I don't bother turning around.

"How were you ever friends with that freak?" I hear someone say. "I don't even know."  She answers. Then thy say something else but I don't hear it. I do hear their laughter disappear and seconds later an engine start.

I'm still standing there in my attire just staring in the distance. Without moving and barely blinking.

I hear a car coming behind me and see the lights flashing. "Bye freak!" I hear Summer scream as they drive by me splashing me with nasty dirty water. They laugh uncontrollably as they disappear in the distance.

I look down at my dirty legs that have been splashed with muddy water. My heart is throbbing.

"Don't give up on me, Roman . . . because then I'll give up on myself too."