Part 25

"Why am I your problem?" I say not feeling as confident as before. Our friends are staring at us and I feel the tension between Emma and I.

She laughs like its funny but I can tell it's a fake laugh, "And you still ask why?" I can tell she's in the verge of tears. Not because she's sad but because she's angry.

"Yes. I really want to know why. You've been ignoring me for the past four days and you've been hanging out with a girl I've never even met before but apparently you've known her. You didn't even tell me about her, you suddenly replaced me with her." I'm about to cry too and I feel my voice shake a little.

"Do you really want to bring that up? About how I didn't tell you about JoJo? How about you huh? You pretend to be my friend and then fucking stab me in the back." She gets up from her seat and I can tell she's furious.

"Emma what are you talking about?" I ask getting up too. "You know exactly what I'm talking about! You lied to me. You're not my best friend because a best friend wouldn't do what you did to me." Her face is red and I notice that people all around the cafeteria are staring.

"Emma, Paige, please-" Nikki says but Emma cuts her off, "Shut up, Nicole. I bet you knew all about this. I bet everyone knew but me." Nikki looks confused and aggravated on how Emma talked to her.

"Emma-" I begin but she doesn't even let me talk. "You're fake, Paige. You're nothing but a two-faced bitch," Roman get up and speaks up, "Hey Emma calm down. Don't talk to her like that."

"Of course you'd defend her, Roman. After all you picked her over me." Roman looks at her in an embarrassed way and I bite my tongue.

"I will just never get in my head how you Paige would stab me in the back like that. How you would go behind my back and make out with the guy I've liked forever. You knew how much I like him, you fucking knew.." Her voice cracks, "And you still did it."

She throws her napkin on the table and walks away, JoJo follows her behind and I feel my face on fire. Everyone is staring and even Roman looks embarrassed.

I don't know what to do or say I just feel really embarrassed and ashamed. "Paige." Roman says touching my shoulder lightly, I look at him and feel the tears fall from my eyes. They're burning my skin like acid.

I grab my plate and throw what's left of the food and head to the elevator. I'm waiting for the elevator door to open when I see Roman approach me. I really don't want to talk to him right now, or ever.

"Paige, calm down." He says, I don't answer and keep crying silently. My face still feels really hot and it gets even hotter when Roman stands beside me.

"How in the world do you want me to calm down Roman? How?" I wipe my tears and my hand turns black from my makeup. "If we just talk to Emma-"

"No. You don't get it do you?! You don't understand! This would've never worked out! It's never going to work out! I can't be with you, my best friend likes you. Tell me how in the world can I be with you when I know she likes you with all her heart? Tell me." He looks at me sadly and doesn't answer.

I look down at the ground and suddenly he speaks up, "I'm sorry, Paige." I look up at him, is this really the time to apologize? He's always apologizing and I know it's not all his fault.

"I'm sorry because I made you do this. I know she's your best friend and I know you love her. I understand the fact that's it's not okay for us to be together and I'm sorry for kissing you and I'm sorry for coming in between you and your best friend. I'm sorry and I'll leave you alone. This is going to hurt but it's probably for the best." He kisses my forehead and walks away.

I'm frozen and I don't know what to think. My body feels numb and I feel hurt. This is not what I expected. I didn't want Emma to find out, I didn't want Roman to say bye.. I guess I'm just selfish.

I wanted to keep both my best friend and him.

But that's not possible. Not when your best friend likes the guy you like.

*
*
*
*
Very short chapter! I will try to update soon! Hope you guys enjoyed ;* xx