Part 22

you were the sky
and i could do nothing
but stare at you longingly
hoping inside that one day
a star would fall to earth;
a small glimpse of how you'd shine for me
-k.p.k

*
*
*
*

I wake up when the sunlight hits my window shining bright. I squint my eyes, yawning and stretching. When I see Emma's bed empty, I check my clock.

The clock reads 8:15 a.m. Emma usually waits for me and we go down to eat breakfast together. I get out of bed and go to the bathroom.

I stare at my reflection and smile like an idiot. We kissed. It was the most incredible feeling ever. I've never felt this before. He makes me feel some type of way. A way I can't describe in words.

Even though I've seen him hundreds of times, I still get this rush every time I see him. When he's close to me, when he talks to me, when he kisses me.

I never thought that something so small would turn so big, something impossible to control. After I wash my teeth and take a quick shower, I get dressed and do my everyday makeup routine.

When I walk in the breakfast room, I spot Emma and the other girls sitting at a table. Seth and Dean are joining them. Roman isn't though, which immediately brings my mood down.

I notice that a new girl is sitting beside Emma. I've never seen her before. She has natural beautiful curly hair and her skin is a gorgeous caramel tone. She's very, very, pretty.

I take a seat next to Aj. "Hey guys." I tell the group, some mumble hey and others wave. "Why didn't you wake me up, Emma?" I ask, she looks at me. "Am I your alarm clock?"

"Well, technically yes. You always wake me up." I say with a chuckle, she doesn't laugh with me instead she turns to the new girl and starts talking to her. I feel a little hurt and get up from the table to get my breakfast.

I get three pancakes and some bacon then return to my seat. "So Aj, how do you like that we're going to be in your home town?" I ask her, she turns to face me with a grin, "I'm so excited. Union city is obviously the best place ever."

"Ha, okay babe." Dean says, "You're doubting it?" She asks in that warning tone of hers that intimidates anyone even though she says it sweetly. "I am. Are you going to prove me wrong?" He says leaning in to her, I quickly turn around the other way before I witness a make out session.

"Who's the new girl?" I whisper to Brie, who's sitting to my left. "Her name is JoJo Offerman," she begins, "She recently signed with WWE. She's beginning her training in NXT and I heard she's very good." Brie whispers.

I stare at JoJo who is laughing at something Emma is saying. "How does she know, Emma?" I ask suddenly feeling a little jealous at their sudden friendship. "Emma said they knew each other from school, and that they used to be friends. They kept contact through social media that's what she said."

Emma knew her? They kept contact? What? That doesn't make sense. Emma would've told me, I'm her closest friend. I'm her best friend. Why wouldn't she tell me?

I stare at my now cold pancakes and sigh. "Are you okay?" Brie asks and I nod my head, "Yeah," I glance at Emma who's still talking to JoJo. "I'm fine." I finish.

•••

"Do you want me to help you pack up?" I ask Emma, she continues packing her bags. "No. JoJo is coming to help me." Ouch.

"But I always help you." I say in an almost whiny voice. "Yeah, but JoJo offered to help me during breakfast while ago." She says this as she continues to take out her stuff from the bathroom.

I'm about to ask her about JoJo when she walks in the room. Literally, walks in. Without even knocking. "Emmaaaa!" She says, Emma comes out of the bathroom with a grin. "My pretty caramel! Thank God you're here, I need help packing up. I'm so messy, I always take forever to pack."

But I offered to help. I think to myself. "Oh hey, didn't see you there. I'm JoJo." She says, "Hi. I'm Paige." I say, she smiles and then begins to help Emma.

I stand there like a fool as they talk and pack. After a while I get tired of being ignored so I grab my bags and head out. They don't seem to notice.

I wait in the lobby sitting on the couch. I feel my tears building up in my eyes. I feel hurt. Ignored. And dumb.

"Paige." I feel Roman sit beside me, he's got a smile on his face and I quickly blink away my tears. "Hey, Roman." I say.

"Why weren't you at breakfast?" I ask, he grins big, "You noticed?" He sounds really happy about it and that tickles my soul. "Yeah. Of course." I say feeling my cheeks blush.

"Well, I'm happy that you noticed and I was working out. I need to train more if I eventually want a shot at the WWE World HeavyWeight Championship." He says, "I see but skipping breakfast is not right. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day."

He laughs, "Where did you get that? Let me guess some food pyramid paper?" I nod my head, "How did you know?"

"I can read minds." He says, "Oh really?" I say and he nods his head. "What am I thinking about then Mr. I can read minds?"

"You're thinking about how much you want to be with me." He smirks and I blink fast, "Ah." It's all I can say as I feel my body get tingly. "The two love birds huh?" Dean says approaching us.

I quickly get up from the couch, "We're- we uh." I try to think of something to say but I can't think of anything. This causes Dean to laugh, "You can't deny it forever blood sucking vampire."

Roman smacks Dean across the stomach, "Don't call her that." Dean turns red and coughs, "Holy crap, Roman."

"I really don't mind Dean calling me that. That's how we get along. Am I right turd coated asshat?" Roman burst out laughing and Dean shakes his head smiling, "Oh that was a good one white crayon."

I chuckle picking up my bags, "Alright well I better get to the bus." I start walking away and I hear Roman come behind me. "Let me help you." He says grabbing the bags. "No, I can carry them myself." But he grabs them anyways.

"Oh okay then." I say as we continue walking. "I don't think we should be seen together." I say and he gets a hurt look on his face. "Wait that's not what I meant, what I meant was that I don't want Emma to see us together. Not until we talk to her anyways."

He nods, "Oh okay. Well I wish we could talk without hiding like its bad." He sighs disappointedly. He puts my bags on the bus, "Thank you for the help and you know-"

"Yeah I understand. She's your best friend you need to tell her." He looks at my with his intense icy blue eyes. "Thanks. For understanding." I hug him and he stiffens under my touch but then relaxes.

He hugs me back and I feel my heart beat race. I pull away and I'm about to get on the bus when he gives me a quick kiss on the forehead.