Part 38

"Roman. Can I talk to you?" The voice says again. Roman doesn't move, doesn't blink, he doesn't even breath.

He's got a terrified look on his face. He looks so scared and so vulnerable. I've never seen him like this before and it terrifies me. I bite the inside of my cheek as he finally takes a deep breath.

I turn around and see a beautiful woman. She's got a worried look on her face and she looks like she could cry. Her gorgeous blue grey eyes are sparkling bright.

I look back at Roman who is still looking at her. "Please." She whispers through her red lipstick. I suddenly feel so insignificant and ugly standing next to this flawless girl.

Roman finally pops back to reality and he looks at me. I force myself to smile, "I uh- I need to get changed." I say scratching my head.

He looks at me like he wants to say something but he doesn't. I walk away feeling my chest tighten. I can't help but to turn around and hope that Roman is behind me but he's not.

He's walking the opposite way with that girl. I feel my tears streaming down my face and I take a deep breath. Why did my feeling get hurt so quickly? Why do I suddenly feel so insecure? So worried?

I wipe my tears and walk to the locker room. "Congrats on your match!" Nikki says. "Thank you." I say as I take off my attire. "Are you okay?" Brie asks.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I answer avoiding eye contact. "Are you sure? You don't sound fine." Nattie says. "I'm totally-" I'm cut off my Eva walking in the locker room.

"Oh my gosh. I have news!" She says clapping her hands. "What is it?" Aj asks as all the girls turn their attention to her. Even Emma looks at her.

"Well I think it's terrible news because a hottie has officially found himself a girlfriend." She says taking a seat. "Who is it?" Fox asks standing beside me. She lays her head on my shoulder as Eva continues talking.

"Roman Reigns." She says slowly. My eyes widen and Alicia stops laying on my shoulder. "What? No way!"  She says.

Emma looks at me and I turn my attention back to Eva. "Yeah. Well at least I think it's his girl friend because I've never seen her. She's is absolutely stunning. Like straight up gorgeous. She has a bomb body and she looks like a model. Actually I'm pretty sure she's a model." Eva says.

Emma rolls her eyes and walks out the locker room. The girls turn to look at me with a pity look and I want to cry again. "I mean she's soooo pretty-" Aj cuts Eva off. "I think we should hurry up and get going."

Eva gives Aj this look but she shrugs it off and walks to a mirror. "I thought Roman and you . . .?" Fox says and I gulp down the knot in my throat.

"No. We're nothing." I whisper. She sighs, "That's so sad. I mean I would've at least hoped he would date one of my friends since I have no chance with him." She walks to her bag and I look at the girls.

"She's probably a friend." Nikki says, "Or maybe she's a relative or something." Brie adds. I know they're trying to make me feel better but it's not working.

•••
I lay on my bed staring in the darkness. Aj is sound asleep and I'm still up. I haven't tried to fall asleep because I know I won't be able to. Instead I lay down thinking and staring.

I still feel this thing in my chest. I tried to look for Roman when we were leaving to the hotel but I didn't see him.

My head keeps thinking and thinking about her. Who is she? Why is she looking for Roman? Why does she want to talk to him? Why did Roman get so nervous? Why was he so shocked? Why? Why?

I close my eyes and get under the blanket. My head starts hurting from thinking so much. I feel so useless because I don't know what's going on.

I get up from the bed and quietly tip toe to the door. I take the elevator to the first floor. The lady at the front desk looks up when I walk to her. "Can I help you?" She asks.

I nod my head, "Can I know what room is Roman Reigns staying in?" She gives me a funny look but then looks at her computer. "5th floor, room 134."

"Thank you." I say and walk back to the elevator. Once I press the fifth floor I'm starting to wonder if I really want to talk to him.

The door opens and I walk out. I take a deep breath and start looking for room 134. I finally find it and my heart starts beating loudly as I knock on the door.

Suddenly I turn around and start walking but the door opens up. I quickly turn around and bump into Dean.

"Ouch." He says as he rubs his head. We both bumped heads and I rub my head. I then realize that he's shirtless and in boxers.

"Oh sorry." I say awkwardly. "It's fine. What's up?" He asks as he yawns. "I just, I need to talk to Roman." I whisper.

He sighs and scratches his head, "I don't think it's a good idea. Not right now anyways." He says, "It's her isn't it?" I say sadly.

He nods his head, "Who is she?" I ask. "I don't think I should tell you. He will tell you himself." He says. "Dean, please. You're my friend too. Please tell me."

"I can't. It's not right for me to tell you. He will tell you when he's ready to talk about it." He says. I look down at the floor and bite my lip really hard trying not to cry. I'm tired of crying and being such a cry baby.

"Paige? Are you crying?! Oh my gosh no." He says wiping my tears. "I can't help it. I'm just exhausted and tired. Sorry for bothering you. I'll go and let you sleep." I turn around and start walking but then I hear Romans voice.

"Dean?" He says. I stop walking and feel my tears dry on my cheeks. I hear Dean whispering something and then a door close. I wipe my tears and my eyes. I hear footsteps walking to me and I hold my breath as Roman comes in front of me.

"I didn't mean to bother." I whisper. "You didn't bother." He says. "I just want to talk to you." I say and he looks down at me.

"I don't want to talk right now. I will talk to you later, okay? Don't take it the wrong way I just need to think about some things." He says. I nod my head and he kisses my head before walking to his room.

This is not what I expected at all.