Chapter 31: A New Beginning

Flashback:  

Jessica’s POV: I woke up and looked around the hospital room looking for my babies. I couldn’t find them anywhere. I got up and made my way to the crib. They weren’t in there. The night had freshly fallen and my babies were no were to be found. I began worrying and raced outside to ask the nurse, if she had seen my babies. “Sorry Ma’am, we don’t have your kids” she said. Her voice was like a shockwave hitting me. My babies were no were to be found. I looked around the hospital  and there was no sign of them. I cried and screamed for someone to help me find them but barely anyone was at the hospital. I dragged myself to the nursery. I looked at the babies peacefully asleep in their cribs and couldn’t find mine. I started freaking out, someone had taken my babies away from me. “JUSTIN SABRINA’ I cried. My delivery had happened in the morning. Sid wasn’t with me, I was alone in labour. He was busy with Lauren, she had gone into labour as the same time as me. I helpssely wondered every room in the hospital, but I couldn’t find them. I raced to Lauren’s room, she wasn’t here as well. A nurse walked by and I stopped her “Where did this patient go?” I yelled.  “She was discharged a couple of hours ago” she said. I immediately ran out of the hospital, my stomach hurt and I felt my stitches opening. I knew Sid and her had taken my babies, I could feel it. I hired a cab and asked him to drive me to Sid’s house. The driver dropped me off and I ran inside. I saw Sid and Lauren sitting on the couch, embraced in each other’s arms, and with their baby. “SID” I screamed. Both of them got up and ran to me. “What are you doing here?” yelled Lauren. 

“P..p..please gi..give me my kids back” I cried “I..I promise…I’ll leave after’ 

“Your kids aren’t here Jessica, stop trying to ruin our happiness, you jealous bitch” screamed Lauren. 

I heard two cries erupt from the baby room. My kids they were here, I knew it. That was their cry. I raced to the room but Sid grabbed my hand and yanked me back. “LEAVE JESSICA’ he yelled. 

‘MY KIDS ARE HERE” I yelled back, trying to free him from my grip. 

“There my kids as well Jessica, and they are staying with me” he screamed. 

‘Please Sid, don’t do this, I can’t live without them” I cried, my breaths picked up and I collapsed onto the floor.

“I’m begging you please’ I stuttered.  

I saw a knife placed on the coffee table, I dragged myself over and picked up the knife and gripped it into my hand “Sid you already won Jace’s custody, you cant seprate me from the twins as well’ I said, catching my breath. I placed the knife on my wrist “let me have my kids, please I’m begging you’ 

“Sid she not actually going to hurt herself, I’m calling security they can kick her out” stated Lauren. 

I held the knife tighter and in one swift movement cut my wrist open. A puddle of blood formed near me as Sid raced over to me and gripped me in his arms ‘JESSICA, OH MY GOD, YOU CAN HAVE THE KIDS, JUST STAY WITH ME, KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN” he yelled “Call the ABULANCE LAUREN”

Flashback over

Everything had changed, I moved far away from Sid and tried to erase him out of my heart, but his thoughts still haunted me. I had left Pittsburgh without telling anyone and started a new life with my kids in Philadelhpia. The day I went into labour, Lauren also went it to labour. I expected Sid to be with me but things had changed a lot. He stayed with Lauren. He tried to seprate my kids from me, and he had already seprated Jace from me. I didn’t let my kids know about who their real father was, I hated being reminded of how badly I was treated and left by the man I loved the most.  I kept myself hidden and away from the hockey world. I did my best to forget Sid, but his memories wouldn’t fade. I missed him more then anyone but he had moved on and married another women. After Sid left me I vowed that I was never going to fall in love again or get close to any guy ever again. I got out of bed and headed into the bathroom. I stripped down and stepped into the shower. Once I was done, I let my hair dry and walked into the kids room.