Chapter 54: Awkward

Jessica's POV:

I kept pacing back and forth inside my room. I was so nervous for the dinner tonight. Tyler, Lauren, Sid and I all on a double date, this couldn't go to well. This was a very bad idea. I couldn't stand the two together and now forced to go to dinner with them, how would I cope with that.

"Jess can I come in?" spoke Sid.

I looked in his direction and nodded my head. "I know you're probably not comfortable with the idea of all of us going on a double date, so Lauren and I could go som---"

"No, really its fine, we'll have fun" I forced a smile on my lips.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

I motioned my head saying yes. "Oh and Hockey Canada wants us to do a photo shoot together for the Olympics, so I needed to know if you are participating"

The word Olympic made my head hurt, more then it should. It would have been mine and Sid's Olympic anniversary but sadly the relationship that started then didn't exist now "I'm thinking about not participating this year" I spoke in a faint voice.

Sid had barely heard me "What why Jess? "

"I have my reasons" I said as I walked towards my closet and began choosing clothes.

Sid walked in amd grabbed hold of my arm tightly and swung me towards me "Is this because of me? Jessica please don't do this"

I freed myself from his grasp "It's not cause of you"

"I know its because its our anniversary, and I know you don't want to be reminded of that relationship isnt it? "

"Go look for Lauren" I said as I tried diverating his attention. He grabbed my shoulders and pinned me to the wall. "You are playing and you are doing the damn photo shoot" he said in a stern tone.

His nails were digging into my skin "You are hurting me again" His grip loosend, but he still hadn't let go of me. My skin stung "Why are you always hurt me?"

He finally let go of me and moved away. "I..I'm sorry" I walked away to him and towards the mirror. I stood infront of it and moved my shirt from my shoulder, his nails had duged into my skin, and now it was stinging. "Thanks" I spoke.

"Jessica, I didn't mean to" he said.

"What happened to the Sid I met at the Olympics, then one that said he'll never hurt me?" I questioned him.

His eyes couldn't meet mine and he walked out of my room. I began gathering my stuff for practice, and set it in my hockey bag. I thought about the photo shoot he talked about. I wanted to participate and at the same time I didn't. I kneeled down and reached under my bed and pulled out our old photo album. I stood up and sat down on the bed. I began flipping through the pages and relived mine and Sid's old memories. I missed the old days more then anything, he was a part of me, his arms always wrapped around me tight.

But now nothing was left. I wanted to strangle Lauren with my bare hands, why did she have to ruin our wonderful relationship, why did she have to take away my husband from me.

"Hey Jess wanna head to the rink? "Toews stood at the doorway of my bedroom. I closed the book and put it to the side "Yeah sure"

"I'm so kicking your ass today" he smirked.

I flung my hockey bag over my shoulder "In your dreams Tazer"

"Hey Jerks" Interrupted Sam.

"How dare you call us jerks" Tazer crossed his arms.

"Well you two are jerks, you guys are dis including me" she spoke.

I didn't speak a word and just stood there in awkward silence.