Chapter 57: To Stay or To Go

Practice At Consol:

Jess's POV: After 5 days of being absent I was finally at practice and everyone greeted me with hugs. I changed quickly and walked into the guys change room. They all had sad looks on their faces and were crowding someone and I couldn't see. I walked closer and asked the guys what was going on and everyone was busy crowding the person. I tiptoed and saw Sid's back and my heart raced. Tyler came over and grabbed my hand and pulled me away "Ty what's going on?"

"Nothing Sid's come down with the flu, he won't be going on the road trip with us" he spoke.

"Wait what? Is it really that bad?" i questioned. Sid was fine last night, how did this suddenly happen.

The crowd cleared and i saw Sid walking to the exit of the locker room. I ran up to him and tapped his back "Sid"

He stopped his steps but didn't turn around. "Are you okay?" I asked.

He stood their and nodded his head. "Do you need anything? Or someone to take care of the kids? I'll come help after practice" I responded.

"No thank you and you are forgetting we are only teammates on the ice nothing else" He responded as he coughed.

He sounded really sick, how did he get so sick so fast?

Sid began walking away his steps seemed uneasy and he was tumbling all over the place. I noticed he was about to fall over a quickly took hold of him "Careful Sid"

"Don't touch me I can manage" he spoke as he threw my hands off of him and pushed me away.

Tyler came over "woah that was rude, she was trying to help you"

I told Tyler to be quiet and he gave me a glare and walked away "Do you want a ride back home?" I asked him.

"What part of leave me alone, don't you get?" he yelled back.

My steps stumbled back "I...I was just trying to help"

"I don't need you" he spoke as he walked away. I turned around and headed back to Tyler. I had no idea what had gotten into Sid, he seemed so infuriated and unlike him.

"Was he really giving up on me? I thought the Sidney crosby always gets what he wants, he can't possibly give up like that" I spoke to myself.

I laced my skates on and headed to the ice, I couldn't think straight and wanted to be with Sid taking care of him. I stepped onto the ice and saw the guys playing ice baseball. I skated over to them, "Jessica wanna give it a go?" asked Kuntiz

"No thanks"I smiled. Maatta was up next and he swung the bat and it went flying out of his hand over the glass. All the guys immediately raced away to avoid getting hurt. "Dude you could have killed someone" I spoke and everyone burst into a laughter

"Yea, sorry about that" Maatta looked ashamed.

Dan came over and told the guys to put the baseball equipment away and do two laps forward and two laps backward and meet at Center ice when done.

I quickly finished my laps and kneeled down at Center ice and soon the guys joined me. "We have 2 more games before the christmas break, lets play these games hard and do our best to win. We are flooded with injury but we have to make these games count" spoke Dan and everybody nodded their head.

"The Christmas party's on the 24th guys, Jessica will give you guys the event list and the names of your secret santa" added The assistant coach.

I nodded my head, out of the corner of my eye I saw Sid sitting on the arena seats and Lauren came down and sat beside him and rested her head on his shoulder.