Chapter 33: Blinded

Sid’s POV: I walked over to Jace’s room, and found him laying face flat into his pillow. I approached him and set down beside him. “Hey Bud what’s wrong? Don’t you need to get ready for your party?” 

“I don’t want a party anymore” He yelled pushing me away from him. I turned him around and sat him upright, “Are you mad at me Jace?” 

He didn’t respond and rolled off his bed and walked into his closet. I walked right behind him, and picked his outfit for tonight. I picked him up even though he didn’t want to come near me and began putting his tie and shirt on. “I don’t like this one, I want to wear the one Mom got me’ he whined. I didn’t want to make him more any happy so I heeded to what he had to say.  I grabbed the one Lauren had bought him two days ago “This one?”  Jace gestured no “NO, the one my mom bought me, not your girlfriend” 

“Jace, that is no way to talk to you father” I screeched. 

Jace ignored me and ran into the cupboard and picked up the dress suit Jessica had gotten him. I tried to stop him but he dogded me and locked himself into the bathroom. ‘Jace fine you can wear that, come here, I’ll help you put it one” 

‘Go away, I don’t need your help” he screamed. I let him be and left, my own son was drifting apart from me and it was all Jessica’s fault. Jace barley interacted with me after my marraiage with Lauren. He hated being near us and I was starting to think Samantha was right about Jace feeling neglected.  “Sid, Babe can you come over here” yelled Lauren from our room. ‘Comin Babe” I yelled back. I made my way to the room, as I entered the room, my eyes scanned the whole room. “What happened?”

The whole room had clothing everywhere and Lauren was still digging through piles of clothes looking for something “I can’t find anything to wear” she said as she came over to me and put her arms around my neck.  “You have so much clothes, just pick something” I said forcing a smile on my face. For some reason I wasn’t into my relationship with Lauren, I felt to pressurized with her and she didn’t care about me the way Jessica did. Wait, why am I still  thinking about Jessica , I need to get her out of my head. I grasped my hand onto Lauren’s waist and pulled her in. I had to forget Jessica and this was the only way. I had to get her off my mind, I didn’t want to think of her, yet my brain still brought her up. I cupped Lauren’s neck and began tracing her lips with mine. I lifted Lauren up and carried her swiftly to my bed and placed her down, still not breaking over kiss. I let my hands trace her curves, while sucking on her flesh. I heard her moan with pleasure. Her hands came up to the buttons of my shirt and she opened them hastily. I let my hands drift under her shirt, and feel her smooth skin. I saw a spark in her eyes and she was getting anxious. She didn’t wait for me to lift her shirt up but through it off my herself. She was restless, and I wanted her more then ever.  I felt kisses around her neck and traced down to her breast cage, cupping her breast. I moved my hands to the back of her bra hook and unhooked it and let it fall to the ground. “Jessica, I love you” I whispered as I kissed her Jaw line. She immediately jerked back “What did you say Sid?”  Snapping me out of my trance. I had just realized what I had said, and Lauren was furious. “I..I.. I didn’t mean that, I swear” 

 Lauren got up, putting her clothes back on. “Your married to me, yet you still keep remembering her. She cheated on you, she never loved you and yet you still haven’t forgotten about her.” 

“I don’t love her, I love you. Trust me I don’t even know how her name came out of my mouth” Lauren began tearing up “Just leave me alone for now Sid” 

I walked up to her and pulled her into my arms ‘Babe I didn’t mean to hurt you, I’m sorry, I won’t ever mention her. C’mon let’s go buy you something to wear tonight, my wife has to look better then anyone out there after all you are The Sidney Crosby’s wife.’