Chapter 38: Battlefield

Malkin came over and threw Sid off of me. I dropped onto the ground clutching my neck and gasping for air. Why was he attacking me? Dupuis approached me and told me off“Lauren get you stuff and leave this house before things get out of control” 

“What happened? Anyone care to explain” I said, still trying to catch my breath. 

Sid was trying to get out of Malkin’s grip and he looked like he would kill me any minute. “YOU….YOU POSINED JESSICA’S MIND, YOU MADE ME HATE HER, YOU TOLD ME CHASE IS MY SON WHEN HE WASN’T” he screamed. 

Oh my God, how on earth did he found out, I was in a boatload of shit. I couldn’t have Sid hate me, he should be hating Jessica not me. 

“Sid chase is your son, I don’t know what they told you but there all lying, your teammates can’t stand us together” I cried. 

Jordan came over and gripped my wrist and I stood up. “You fucken told me last night, I have a video to proof it” He took out the video and began playing it, over and over again. Why had I fallen for his plan? 

“You…that…it’s a lie Sid” I yelled, but my voice was interrupted by loud knocking. I looked over to the supply closet and forgot Jace was still locked in the cupboard, I was so dead now. 

Malkin let go of Sid and walked over to the closet. “Who’s in here?” 

He opened the door and Jace fell outside. Sid’s gaze shifted and he ran to his son. Jace had been suffocated in the closet. “JACE, WHO DID THIS TO YOU?” screamed Sid as he held Jace into his arms. 

I saw Jace lightly lift his finger and point at me. Sid’s eyes burned with fire. Things suddenly were going so wrong for me. The whole team had surrounded me and were yelling at me. “Call the cops Malkin” yelled Sid. 

I ran upstairs and grabbed Chase, I couldn’t let him turn me in, I still had to get back at Jessica, she caused this and she was going to pay. I carried him down the stairs. Sid had called the ambulance for Jace and the cops were on his way. I ran towards the door but Staal stepped in my way “GET OUT OF MY WAY” I shirked, but he wouldn’t move. There was a lava lamp on the table and I picked it up and striked it towards his head and he immediately clutched his head and ran out “Sid just remember if I can’t have you, then Jessica won’t be able to, good luck finding her alive” I yelled back. 

“YOU TOUCH JESSICA AND I WON’T LEAVE YOU ALONE” he shouted as I ran out, I saw some of the guys from the team coming after me and I ran as fast as I could with Chase. The guys were still chasing us and we hid behind a bush, to escape them. 

Jessica’s POV: I walked back to the house, still thinking about what just happened. I had been thinking Sid wanted to kill me but it had been Lauren all along, I don’t know what she wanted from me, I had left their lives but they still hadn’t stopped torturing me. All that happened tonight was still hard for me to take in, and I didn’t want to go back home and face Kristen and Neal right now, so I decided to sit on the park bench for a little while more. I looked up at the stars, they were shinning brighter then ever today and they helped lighten my mood. I let my head fall back and closed my eyes, taking in the fresh air and relaxing myself. My cellphone rang, and I took it out of my sweats. I looked at the caller I.D and it was a unknown number, I picked it up to see who was calling, even before I could say hello a voice started yelling at me, and I could tell it was Lauren. 

Phone convo:

Lauren: “You Bitch, you ruined everything between me and Sid”

Me: “Um hello….Lauren”

Lauren: “Don’t try acting sweet or anything, save your act. Sid left you, yet your still after him, why don;’t you fucken stay away from our lives instead of causing problems.