Chapter 41: Acceptence

Sid's POV: I couldn't wait to see Jessica. The days were going by so slow and I couldn't take It anymore. I wanted to see her badly, wanted to hold her and love her like I never did before. Our flight for Philadelphia was tomorrow and just the thought of having Jessica back was to overwhelming for me. I had the whole house decorated just for Jessica's arrival. I was going to make sure she came back with me. "DADDY"screamed Jace. I walked over to his room "What's up buddy?'

"I packed all my clothes but I wanted to give mommy something but I don't know what?"

"She'll love anything you give her Jace." I smiled.

"I'm going to tell her how much I missed her, sometimes I think she doesn't love me" said Jace sadly

I reassured Jace "She does love you, she loves you a lot Jace"

"Why did she leave me? why did she take my younger brother and sister and not me?" Tears dripped out of Jace's eyes.

"Because of me, she wanted to take you but I didn't let her."

I thought about how badly I treated Jessica, I let misunderstanding separate me from her. I kept thinking she come home if I went and got her but what of she denied my request. What if she didn't want to see me ever again? What would I do without her?

"Daddy I'm sorry if I hurt you" said Jace as he wiped away my tears.

"You didn't do anything kiddo" I smiled.

Jace sat in my lap "Tell me about how you met mommy"

"I already told that story Jace" I smiled.

"I know but I want to hear it again" he giggled.

I told Jace the story again, I couldn't help but well up. We were so madly in love and everything seemed perfect but then our relationship turned out to be a disaster and It was all my fault. I regretted everything I did, and just wanted Jessica back in my life. I finished telling Jace the story and then took hold of Jace's hand and we walked downstairs, where the guys were. They were all discussing something.

I sat down besides Beau "What happened?' I asked.

"Look" said Beau as he showed me Brayden Schenn's twitter.

I took hold of his phone and waited for the image to "What is it?" I asked.

"Wait for it to load" stated Staal.

I looked down at the phone, the picture had finally loaded. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was Jessica and she looked absolutely stunning. My heart sank when I saw her with Brayden. What was she doing with him? I thought she had come home but I guess I was wrong. I couldn't stand the thought of Jessica seeing someone else, someone that wasn't me. Now I know how she felt when I was with Lauren.

Jessica's POV:

"How can you hurt your own kid like this, You need to be locked up in a mental hospital" I yelled as I examined Chase's wounds.

She had brutally harmed him and he was starving. Poor kid also had a high fever, I couldn't believe Lauren failed to take care of her son. "You..you ruined my whole life, you snatched Sid away from me and now you'll pay" she screamed.

She grabbed Chase out of my hands and had a knife pointed at my neck. Brayden came forward but she threatened to kill me if he took on step forward.

"I'll handle her brayden" I stated. Brayden stood directly behind me

"Leave chase, he you son for god sakes"

Lauren moved closer and the tip of the knife was touching my throat."He's my son, I can do whatever I want."