The Stalker

(a/n)

Junior Lee^^

This chapter has been finalized. Yay!! Thank you for your patience and please enjoy reading~

"What do you mean? You're Daniel, aren't you?!" Adaleine shouted. "Are you crazy in the head or something? You seem completely out of it. Are you recovering from a concussion, or have you just suffered one?!"

Adaleine's diaphragm expanded largely, breaths long and hard.  She refused to look into Juneau's worried eyes as her Parisian slits tore apart Daniel within the realm of silent torture.

Daniel returned an equal look.

He then pulled the earplugs from his ears. How wonderful.

"I can't really hear you, but I can tell that you have quite an indignant nature. I don't know what I've done wrong, but is that really how you thank someone who's just helped you up?"

Adaleine turned red for the third time that day.

"Daniel, do you recall having brought a girl to the nursery earlier?" Juneau asked. They had to get straight to the point.

"The girl...yeah, I do."

Juneau sighed with relief.

"Would you know where she is now?"

"She ordered me to put her down and she then went to the restroom. I didn't see her afterwards." He then brought out his phone and plugged in the earphone jack.

"Ah... why did you watch her go into the bathroom? Just a thought," Cassandra commented.

"Why are you looking at me as I speak to you?" Daniel cocked his head to the side with an irritated look.

"Well I'm sorry."

Daniel put on his earphone jacks but failed to turn on any music.

"I don't know where... Quinn is, but I don't think you'll get through to her with her phone." Daniel then revealed a phone from his pocket. "I just found it when I returned, so it may be hers."

"Hold on! You skip classes?!" Adaleine exploded. Daniel shut his eyes closed and inhaled a large breath to keep his cool.

"No. Here." Daniel then handed the phone to Juneau.

Assuming finished business, Daniel turned away and began walking off.

"Wait!" Adaleine called as Daniel swiftly made his way through the fenced off entrance. He pretended to not hear as the nonexistent music drowned his ears.

Cassandra seemed to look longingly after him.

"Daniel," Juneau called. "I need to ask you about something else!"

Daniel still didn't look back.

Juneau's phone buzzed.

It was Henri.

She answered, motioning for Adaleine and Cassandra to go on ahead.

"Is it Henri?" Adaleine mouthed.

"Yeah," Juneau mouthed back with a sour face. Adaleine deemed her facial expression absolutely appropriate for the occasion.