Another world

Daniel^^

"So." Daniel sat across from Juneau as if nothing odd had just happened. He looked smug with his head resting against his clenched hand.

And so relaxed with his comfy clothes.

So at rest with that messy brown bed head of his.

Juneau sat in silence.

Her face was indescribable.

"I'm not sure... that may not be a parallel dimension," Juneau said. Her words sounded forced, as though her very face were restricting her all the way down to her larynx. "Shouldn't we be seeing our other dimensional selves?"

"Please continue," Daniel smiled. He wanted to know.

He was like a mad scientist.

Or perhaps he was one.

"Well... it's theoretical that you could travel to this dimension's parallel self, and you seem to be doing this via a... black hole?"

Daniel nodded.

Juneau still had trouble understanding.

"But if that were a black hole, then why wasn't the entire house collapsing in on itself? Shouldn't we die from the gravitational pull... unless it's small enough not to?" Juneau asked. "And how did you open a black hole...? On earth...?"

Juneau stared with awe.

8:37 am

Daniel stared back at Juneau.

"Juneau," he started. "Can you help me?"

His voice came out differently now.

It sounded like a child's; like a little Daniel Seokjin Cheshire.

Juneau suddenly welled with rage.

"Help? I think I've already helped enough. I have studying to do! I have meetings to attend. I have piano and violin practice! Swimming tryouts are beginning in February. I have a life to live! And, not just that... April has finally returned! She's nearly finished with her undergrad. And I'm supposed to spend my days helping you out with this?" Juneau paused. Daniel's discovery couldn't be described as just "this".

It was much more than just that.

Juneau looked at Daniel.

Her eyes met his.

Daniel bit his bottom lip.

"This is really amazing, and I feel stupid for declining this offer, but... I'm just too busy."

Juneau stood regretfully.

She turned back.

"Can you keep me updated on your progress?"

Daniel looked at her emotionlessly.

Then disappeared.

Juneau sighed.

She now knew the reason for Daniel's sudden and mysterious disappearances.