Forever Lost

Quinn^

Juneau shook with newly found fear.

But the person quickly disappeared before she could scream.

~~~

"Why did you call me?" The voice asked monotonously.

"I just wanted to check up on you," Junior replied innocently. "And make sure you're alright."

"Oh."

Silence unnecessarily bestowed upon them.

"Although I know you aren't..." Junior tried continuing the conversation. "You wanna meet up some time? We no longer attend the same school, but Mountain View isn't too far from here. A half hour drive or so..."

Silence again came through the line.

Junior removed the phone from beside his ear.

He didn't want his impatient sigh to be heard because he didn't want to seem rude.

Plus people didn't view him as the impatient type, and he preferred it that way.

He returned to the phone just in time.

"Sure. Where?" The deep voice asked silently.

"Where do you want to go?" A smile naturally slipped onto Junior's lips.

"I don't know..."

He'd been expecting that.

"Well, there's a specialty place around here you'd probably like. It's within the Silicon Valley area, but all customers are welcomed. Their sandwiches and incredibly good and the staff members are pretty chill. I'll pick you up, just give me your new address."

"I didn't memorize it yet..."

"Well, look at your house number and street name, then," Junior laughed.

"Ok..." The deep voice rumbled childishly.

An office chair could be heard squeaking with tension as it was freed from the weight.

"Henri..."

"What?"

"When's your winter break? We can hang out then."

Junior seemed far too kind. Were was the anger from that one night?

His demeanor seemed... not superficial, but definitely questionable.

And Henri, being conceited even in his depressed state, automatically asked:

"Junior, do you like me?"

Junior could hear Henri's footsteps stop.

Junior sighed.

"To be honest...? I'm not really sure yet."

"Oh. Ok."

The footsteps continued.

~~~

Daniel sat contentedly in the new library.