A Forgotten Place

(a/n)

Juneau Roux^^

This chapter has been finalized. Thank you for your patience and please enjoy~

All eyes drew to the tardy Juneau. Her hair was a luxurious jungle; a wild tangled collection of brown ribbons. Her ceramic like face was much paler than usual.

"Juneau!" Adaleine squeaked.

"Where...."

"Why is she...?"

"Juneau, did you find your umbrella?" Cassandra suddenly asked casually.

It did surprise her as she came to the realization that she did not have her umbrella.

"No..." Juneau replied without sureness.

Then the past events of the day recollected themselves and performed a quick relapse of the horrors they had had to offer.

"No..." Juneau repeated once more. She met Cassandra's gaze with fierce eyes. "I didn't."

~~~

"Why didn't you come immediately back to class!?" Cassandra shouted with rage. It was a rhetorical statement.

"I had to see where the guy had taken Quinn, ok," Juneau replied anyway.

"This is a serious issue! You didn't find that girl Quinn! We have to make sure she's alright."

Adaleine looked frantically between the two. What to do, what to do? With desperation she squeaked.

Cassandra and Juneau peered curiously at the now-red-Adaleine.

"We can't just quarrel,"Adaleine said softly now, hands now fists and face now down. "I think we should just find Quinn and make sure she's alright."

Juneau looked to the always-stressed Cassandra. An embarrassed yet soft smile made its way to her lips.

"We're being silly. We have something we need to do," she said.

"We do." Cassandra smiled goofily in return.

And together they ventured onto school grounds.

The bell signaling the end of the school day had just rung and Juneau had already went through the short hassle of explaining -- with lies-- her mysterious absence to the utterly bedazzled teacher.

~~~

They exited and stood awed at the now nearly dry concrete ground.

"Juneau!" Adaleine squeaked cheerfully. "Hurry!"

Juneau followed the small Adaleine unknowingly.

They past this building, that building, practically every building.

They soon entered the old campus grounds; the grounds which were walked upon during the time of no men.

Cassandra and Adeleine paused before a fenced off opening.

"This is where you found yourself, correct?"