Follow the leader

Daniel^^^

"I have a question," Juneau started.

Daniel's head popped from within his closet.

Juneau glared at him.

"Don't allow even the smallest bit of your breath out of that room until you've finished."

Daniel immediately disappeared back into the small room.

"So-o, why is it you have an obsession with pink?" Juneau sat on Daniel's favorite pink bean cushion. Luckily for her, the furniture and flooring were wooden.

But the walls and his bed were-

I think it's obvious. (:

"Daniel?"

Daniel emerged from his closet with a pair of gray cotton joggers and a simple white cotton tee.

"Yes?" He responded annoyedly. "Maybe I should've just waited till school rolled back around. You're really irritating."

Juneau returned to a frown.

"Who's hypocritical here?"

Daniel looked her over.

He went back into his closet.

"Hey, I have-"

Juneau's phone rang.

"Juneau! Where are you?"

Juneau looked to Daniel's... clock.

It'd been twenty minutes.

"There's something I need to take care of, April. Don't worry, I'm safe where I am."

"But where in the bloody hell are you?!" Juneau couldn't help but smile.

It wasn't a lie.

Learning abroad did change your life.

Especially your accent.

Juneau looked around Daniel's room.

"I'm in our neighborhood. Looking for something right now."

"Please, please be safe!"

"Of course. Love you, April."

Daniel reemerged from his closet then walked to a wooden filing cabinet.

He extracted numerous folders then laid them before Juneau. 

"What are these?"

Daniel held back a sigh.

"These are theories I've come up with, but they aren't as complicated as your theoretical physicist's. Look through this, please," Daniel pushed one vanilla folder forward.

It was labeled "parallel dimensions".

Juneau pushed it back.

"I'm going to be a lawyer, not a physicist," Juneau automatically responded. "Sorry, but I can't be of help."

Daniel sighed.