April

Above is Victoria from f(x) portraying new character. You'll find out who (:

Ms. Roux wasn't surprised when the doorbell rang at 6:30 pm. In fact, she anticipated it everyday.

"Hello, Cassandra!" She chimed as she opened the door.

"Hello, Miss Anne! How are you?" Cassandra replied politely.

"I'm doing well, how about you? It was raining quite hard today."

"I'm doing fine, and yes, it was! I'm glad to see you arrived home safely!" They both laughed good heartedly as Cassandra removed her rain boots and then stepped inside. The warmth of Juneau's home enveloped her fluffily.

"Well, you already know where Juneau is, so go make her life easier," Ms. Roux joked. She then paused.

The news on the television was back; the commercials had receded.

Anchor woman: Seismologists have predicted a 1.9 earthquake for tomorrow. Earthquake predictions are indeed becoming much easier for them, now, aren't they, Joe?

Anchor man: Yes, indeed. This earthquake will take place in Cupertino. Not a large one, rest assured. Now, for the weather....

"Cupertino?" Ms. Roux narrowed her eyes. "Since when has Cupertino had an earthquake?"

"Always a first," Cassandra said. "It's a small earthquake, so it should be-" Cassandra paused as her feet shifted inevitably.

Cassandra looked alarmingly at Ms. Roux.

"Um... I think that was just me. My legs are pretty numb," Cassandra laughed nervously. Really, she was trying to convince herself that it'd only been her.

"Oh, I made green tea and -- a recipe of my own -- Jasmine tea today!" Cassandra gasped for effect then the two laughed together. The laugh was forced, though, as the news haunted their minds.

"I made a separate batch for you," Cassandra chattered as she set the two containers of tea flavored macaroons atop the kitchen granite countertop.

"Thank you, Cassie!" Ms. Roux thanked then motioned for Cassandra to go to Juneau's room.

Ms. Roux had sophistically designed the house: White walls and LED light dimmers; house orchids in ceramic pots she'd wheeled herself; cherry wood furniture and flooring; and floral rugs.

Cassandra then conscientiously imagined the entire house going down.

The house orchids falling.

The ceramics falling then rolling across the floor.

The television set falling to death.

Cassandra knocked on Juneau's door.

"Come in," droned an irritated voice from inside.

Cassandra opened the door then shut it silently behind her.

"Did you feel anything?" Cassandra spoke softly. Juneau most likely had a headache -- the regular thing.

"No. Please help me with my speech," Juneau mumbled, half of her face smudged against her rough draft on the desk.

Cassandra sighed as she then noticed the squashed pop up stars littering the floor. The astounding Juneau was wishing for good luck as she worked.

Cassandra sighed some more.

"I made green tea macaroons," Cassandra commented. "Your favorite." Cassandra pulled the extra chair alongside Juneau then sat.

"Yay," Juneau replied simply as she then lifted her head. She scribbled thoughts onto her rough draft then continued thinking.

"Cassandra."

"Yes?"

"What if no one accepts me?"

Cassandra mentally sighed.

They went over this at least once a week.

"Juneau, you're fine. I'm pretty sure lots of colleges will even request for you. You need to focus on school right now. If anything, you should try managing your time more efficiently. What happened? You had everything going so well and I come today and you're a huge mess," Cassandra lectured.

"Henri called me to the cafe and I wasted an hour there," Juneau mumbled with self pity.

Cassandra slapped herself in the face.

"And this is what you were trying to avoid. Just break the stupid promise. He's a lowlife, anyway. Why treat him the same?"

"Already did."

"Good."

The two continued their work silently as Ms. Roux then brought in a platter of Cassandra's macaroons with a steaming ceramic tea kettle of jasmine tea.

11:51 pm

Juneau lazily pushed her paper to the studious Cassandra. Cassandra had moved on to studying her Biology and Spanish.

Cassandra handled it hastily, reading through with tired red eyes.

"A lot better."

"Yay... now I just have to type it up..."

"Woohoo!" They both cheered illy in sarcastic tones.

12:47

"I'm finally done..."

"I'm home!" The door slammed and the sound of suitcases could be heard as they were wheeled into the house.

Juneau bolted of her room with sudden renewed energy. 

Cassandra couldn't help but smile as she watched child Juneau.

She missed those days.

Those days when the only thing they ever worried about was impressing their reading buddies and not killing the ladybugs they caught.

Cassandra walked into the family room and rushed in to the join the hug.

April was back.