Lights

Adaleine^^

Quinn's thoughts were mixed.

She felt as though she were floating in the absence of space, and as badly as she wanted to confirm her safe being, her mind refused to wake.

So her thoughts wandered with just a touch of panic.

"Quinn, just go to Santa Clara. That way we won't have to see your resting bitch face anymore."

Quinn recalled the last text message she'd received from her ex friend Julie.

"Go fucking kill yourself."

Quinn recalled the day she'd come back to school after the bloody incident.

Daniel and Juneau had showed her mercy that day, although she still didn't know why.

Didn't everyone hate her?

She could feel tears beginning to brim her eyes, and yet her mind still resisted.

She wanted to wake up.

She wanted to forget.

"Your friends are looking for you."

...

That's what Daniel had claimed.

...

Quinn thought.

The day after she'd been beaten by her ex friends, she'd again been beaten by them--but verbally.

She recalled Bonnette leaving them.

"I have a date to catch with Henri Cole."

She'd claimed.

But Henri had been dating Juneau.

After that day, Quinn decided to stay home.

She studied and completed her work to keep up with her school's deadly competition.

She ate cup ramen noodles.

She refused to open her blinds, relying on only her artificial source of light.

"Quinn, what's the matter? You haven't been to school for awhile."

Her mom had been concerned.

"...don't worry about me, mom...I'm fine..."

That was the same day the earthquake had occurred.

She'd been in her bedroom, when suddenly, a boy appeared. Beside him resided a large hole of blackness.

Suddenly, she was outside of her house with her two parents.

And their house was destroyed.

...

Then she began attending Santa Clara High School and with a new start.