Let the Wonders Begin

Daniel^^^

"I'm Juneau Roux and I come from Cupertino. Thank you for having me. As already explained, there was just an earthquake that we'd been misinformed of last week."

A few of the students couldn't help but feel a bit intimidated by her aura.

A bit annoyed, too (:

~~~

"My name's Adaleine... and I have a question, if you don't mind... do I look okay?" Squeals and comments around "adorableness" immediately spouted.

~~~

"Hello, it's nice to meet you. My name's Cassandra and I come from Cupertino. As you all know, just last..."

Cassandra continued babbling on, and surprisingly enough, everyone listened.

~~~

"This really sucks," Juneau whined with her head resting against the lunch table.

The four had been lucky to find just that.

"Juneau, you said something derogative!" Adaleine gasped over exaggeratedly. Junior laughed goodheartedly.

"Imagine how she feels. Don't you feel bummed? We're no longer a part of the student council, we aren't familiar with the contests here, and we're new. We don't even have the same classes. We have yet to show our brains and beauty," Cassandra complained. "The classrooms are our only current grounds."

"Well... we can always find some clubs to join," Adaleine tried. "I heard they have a community service club here. Oh, and a girls' code club for computer programming..." The girl looked expectantly between the three.

"I think there's a gardening club and wood shop club, too," Junior joined. "We all know how much you love gardens, Juneau." Junior smiled.

Always his enthusiastic self!

Juneau remained oddly silent.

She was thinking.

"Let's go."

"Huh?" Everyone looked to her surprisingly.

"To the clubs?" Adaleine asked hopefully.

And as soon as the word exited Juneau's mouth, Adaleine hopped up and began repacking her lunch.

~~~

"Umm... code for girls is on Mondays. The community service club meets every Tuesday. Let's see... there's a video gaming club, surprisingly..." Junior droned endlessly.

Cassandra snorted with amusement.

"Never knew people had the time for such activities. Oh, it's that kid!" Cassandra then rudely pointed at a distant Daniel.

"Oh, um, um... Daniel!" Adaleine stuttered as she tried to recall the insane boy's name.

Or at least she thought he was insane.

Daniel immediately turned.

He was near the outdoor water fountain, near the outdoor lockers. He looked around, his eyes then finally setting on the original crew.