9.1

^^Daniel Seokjin Cheshire.

The smell of new books returned and a different silence took place. Not the silence of library shelf assistants reading, but of the desertion within the library.

The cookie butter latte was back.

But it was cold.

Daniel's book was again closed and was pushed off to the side.

His coat remained hung on the seat beside him.

He'd finally returned.

~~~

He sat at his low desk, pencil hovering above his mess of papers. His school work was done.

But his life was still a mess.

He wanted to figure out what it was that he went through.

"Daniel!" Mrs. Cheshire, Daniel's mother, called. Her head popped into his room. "Time for dinner, pinky pie." She smiled goofily.

"Ok." Daniel collected his papers then sorted them into the vanilla folder. Slipping it into his self made wooden file organizer, he pushed his rolling desk away and stood from the pink bean cushion he'd been sitting on.

"I made ginger pork!"Mom informed him from the kitchen. "Hurry up, Daddy's waiting, too! The salmon will get cold, honey..."

Daniel hurried out in his pink pajamas.

They settled down at the dining table then prayed hand-in-hand.

"So, dear," Mrs. Cheshire looked at Daniel with false innocence. "Have you impressed any girls yet?" She smiled falsely.

Mr. Cheshire looked tiredly at his wife; Daniel did not appear impressed.

One bit.

"His first priority is school, right, boy?" Mr. Cheshire said proudly.

"Ugh, but his looks and brains can't go to waste! We gave him good genetics!" Mrs. Cheshire snapped.

Mr. Cheshire laughed amusedly.

Daniel couldn't help but notice that his father's laughs were usually forced when speaking under the matters of his own son.

"Oh, turn up the volume, turn up the volume, John!" Mrs. Cheshire began screaming. "HURRY!" She banged the table, but the eating utensils refused to tinkle.

"Of course..." Mr. Cheshire, or John, turned up the volume. The television set, one of many throughout the entire house, was placed against the wall of the dining room.

Like practically every wall in the entire house, the wall was painted maroon. Furniture and winter themed plants from Pottery Barn dominated the place.

"Oh my god, an earthquake?! Honey, we need to move! Right now! Let's pack, hurry Pinky dear, we have to pack. Eat everything on your plate, though, you need power to help Daddy move the T.V..."

Daniel sighed irritatedly.

His father laughed with profound warmth.

"Calm down, Juliette! It's only a magnitude of 1.9. Plus the T.V. company should be doing that," John chuckled.

Juliette's body remained tense.