Little Boy

Above is Kim Seokjin portraying Daniel Seokjin Cheshire.

Thanks for the chapter name even though you didn't realize you'd just come up with the best one ever, Mum :)

Daniel looked outside the library's glass walls. The sun, having just come out after school, had already disappeared behind the clouds once more.

He breathed in with a sigh.

The library didn't smell like the library today. The scent of new pages filled the large room since a new shipment of books had just been shelved.

"See ya guys!" The library shelving assistants chirped to one another. They'd had a fun time flipping through new textbooks, novels, and sequels.

"Here, Danny. I'll see ya some other time." A girl presented the dazed Daniel with his requested cookie butter latte then left.

And he continued staring out at the school campus, arms crossed. The garden seemed captivating for the time being.

"Thanks..." he muttered as though in a trance.

"Where's Quinn?!"

The scene played repeatedly in Daniel's head.

"Where's Quinn?!" Adaleine screamed savagely. She looked like a mad woman. Was she going to lash out at him...?

He again sighed as he sat up from his relaxed position on the wooden chair. He readjusted his thick coat which hung from it then changed his mind; he instead hung it on the chair beside him.

....

Why did he keep thinking back to that incident?

Go away, go away.

He rubbed his temples, elbows atop the table. He accidentally pounded his right elbow upon his book 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami.

Cursing silently, he memorized the page -- 517 -- then shut it nicely. He rubbed it softly, too, as though to reassure it that he hadn't meant to elbow it.

Sorry, book, he thought childishly.

He stuck the earplugs into his ears. Maybe they'd help.

....

He could hear nothing.

Daniel shut his eyes then laid his head down, gently pushing his book aside.

He then began to mentally play "One Summer's Day" composed by Joe Hisaishi. The music grew louder.

Until he was there.

The piano piece began first.

It was silent save for the depressed notes.

Which key was brushed passed first but never pressed?

Daniel watched from a front seat and gazed upwardly at the ingenious man.

Excited whispers now began to bounce around. People with glassy eyes failed to emit their emotions. They were restless but trapped; but where?

A non dynamical world where one rested immortal for a delusional eternity?

Those with gaped open mouths reflected back wonder, excitement, and envy. How enthralled they felt! to be able to listen to such magnificent art with the open and refreshed ears brought by dear morning.