Chapter 35

Dr. Wentworth was shoved roughly into a holding cell with several other prisoners and the door slammed shut behind him. "You'll pay for this indignity!" he shouted as he shook his fist at the prison guard. "All of you will rue the day you crossed Dr. Jonas Wentworth."

"Keep it down, you old fuck," growled a large muscular bald man who was covered in skull tattoos.

"You dare speak to me in such a manner?" Dr. Wentworth said as he whirled around.

"Yeah. I do." The man stood up and glared down at Dr. Wentworth. He towered over him by more than a foot. "What are you going to do about it, grandpa?"

"If I had my mind control device I would teach you a lesson you would never forget! Unless, of course, I ordered you to forget it, in which case you would have no choice but to forget as I would have utter control of your puny little mind."

The large tattooed man squeezed his fists, causing his knuckles to crack loudly. "I do enjoy beating up the elderly. Their bones always make such satisfying snapping sounds."

"You have the audacity to threaten me?" Dr. Wentworth shouted. "I have unleashed powerful forces of nature during the course of my experiments.  I have harnessed the energy of scientific principles, the likes of which you couldn't even begin to comprehend."

The large tattooed man proceeded to lift Dr. Wentworth up by his ankles and dunked his head repeatedly into the small metal toilet, which unfortunately did not appear to have been flushed in quite some time.

The door to the prison cell swung open and the guard walked in stiffly with a glazed look in his eyes. He jerkily reached for a taser and haltingly raised it to the tattooed man's neck and began to shock him.

The tattooed man let go of Dr. Wentworth and whirled around to face the new threat. He slapped the taser out of the guard's hand and then crushed it beneath his boot. He backhanded the guard sending him flopping backwards, revealing Dr. Wentworth's assistant Eustace standing behind him. He held Dr. Wentworth's mind control device in his hand.

"Oops. Looks like that meat puppet's no longer responsive. A few minor adjustments should do the trick." Eustace turned a couple of knobs and pointed it at the tattooed man. A beam of light shot out of it and the prisoner abruptly stood straight as a rail with a blank look on his face. Eustace made the tattooed man do the chicken dance and then punch himself in the face repeatedly until he fell over.

"Eustace?" Dr. Wentworth coughed. "Is that you?"

"Hi, sir," Eustace replied cheerfully. "I've come to bust you out of here."

"Is that my mind control device you've got there?"

"It sure is," Eustace said. "After that cop hauled you off, I started tinkering with it, and I'll be darned if it didn't start working. I went down to the drive-thru and made the kid working there give me a bunch of free burgers and fries. You hungry? I've still got a couple hundred of them back at the lab."

"My mind control device works?" Dr. Wentworth asked. "It really works?"

"It would appear so," Eustace said.

Dr. Wentworth started cackling, slowly at first and then gradually more heartily. "At last! My greatest triumph has come to fruition! The world shall bow before me! Especially that wretched Octavius! I will take special pleasure in forcing him to trim my nose hairs! This is indeed a glorious day!" A wet piece of toilet paper dripped out of his nose and landed in his mouth.

"Does this mean I'm going to get a passing grade?"

Dr. Wentworth flung an arm around his assistant's shoulder as they walked out of the cell. "Eustace, old chap, tomorrow we'll go down to your community college and with the help of my device we'll make sure you get A's in all of your classes. Now, about these burgers you mentioned..."