Chapter 78

"Why isn't he attacking my arch-nemesis?" Dr. Wentworth asked as he watched Milosh pacing back and forth across the lab. "Eustace! Is the mind control device broken? He should be attacking now. You there! Filthy disgusting creature! Why are you not attacking my enemy? I demand an explanation."

"Is attacking enemy right now," Milosh said. "And is pushing his head through door. And is gone. Enemy is burned up in star."

"I have no idea what this gibberish is that you are speaking," Dr. Wentworth shouted. "I commanded you to attack my greatest enemy and I must insist that you comply."

"Already attacked greatest enemy," Milosh shrugged.

"You know, Milosh," Dr. Octavius said. "I've always said that Dr. Wentworth was his own worst enemy."

"Is so?" Milosh asked. "In that case..." Milosh leaped at Dr. Wentworth and tackled him to the ground.

"Eustace!" Dr. Wentworth shouted as he hit the floor. "Make him stop at once!"

"Yes, sir!" Eustace shouted and began fiddling with the knob.

Milosh swung an arm at Dr. Wentworth's assistant and managed to knock the mind control device out of his hands.

Dr. Octavius leaped on it with his body and then picked it up and pointed it at Eustace. "That's enough!"

Eustace stopped in his tracks and raised his hands in a show of surrender. "I'm sorry I failed you, boss. Maybe I'll go back to studying accounting. I'm not sure I'm cut out for the mad scientist business."

"Don't talk that way, Eustace," Dr. Wentworth said with a scowl. "Octavius may have the upper hand at the moment, but in the long run we shall prevail."

"I'd love to stay and discuss this with you, Jonas," Dr. Octavius said. "But I really don't have the time right now. So I'll tell you what. The two of you are going to undo whatever trouble you've caused here and I'm going to grab the duct tape I came here for and be on my way." He zapped Dr. Wentworth and Eustace with their mind control device, and then threw it to the ground and smashed it beneath his foot.

"We have a great mess to clean up, Eustace my boy," Dr. Wentworth said as he picked himself up and headed for the door.

"Yes we do, boss. We'd better get to work."

"Well then," Dr. Octavius said as he grabbed the roll of duct tape. "Shall we be on our way?"

"No longer need duct tape," Milosh said. "A lot has happened. Zyvax the Intergalactic Destroyer is dead, but his armies are attacking other Miloshes. Is in big trouble still."

"Oh dear," Dr. Octavius said. "We'd better come up with a plan quickly."

The door to the lab opened and Maurice came scurrying through. "Oh, hello, Dr. Octavius. I assume Milosh has filled you in on what's going on?"

"Yes, I believe I'm mostly up to date. What are you doing here?"

"I came through the doorway you left open on Ingleblott. I have an idea."