Italian Company

^It's all about them guns.

I know pretty much nothing interesting happens in this chapter but please bear with me.

***

"For Heaven's sake Abel! You don't just enter people's homes like that! What if I shot you?" I yell, lowering my prop gun.

"Why do you have a gun? Isn't that illegal here?" He said, eyeing the pistol, avoiding my questions.

"That's not important. Why are you here and.." I paused, looking at the front door, that was wide open with a hole in place of the key lock. "... you know that you'll pay for the door, right?"

"You didn't come to work this morning and we've asked around. You are never late. You weren't answering the phone either and the door was locked and you weren't opening it!" He ranted, gesticulating with his hands wildly, trying to justify his actions.

"And if people don't answer the door, you break it?" I asked sarcastically, pointing lazily towards the door with the gun in my hand.

"Well, something could've happened to you! You're injured and alone in your house!" He tried to reason, a desperate look in his eyes.

I sighed and took a small pot of water and put it on the stove, leaving him in the middle of the room.

"Tea or coffee?" I asked, not looking at him.

After a couple of seconds, I heard a chair being pulled and him sigh.

"Coffee please. I had a rough night."

I glanced at him and saw him run a hand through his hair, letting me get a good look at his face.

He seemed exhausted, with almost black bags under his eyes.

I wonder what happened after I've left.

I put the coffee in the pot and let it be, going towards the living room.

Abel craned his neck to look at me, not losing me from his sight.

I took two throw blankets from under the TV and went back, throwing one towards him.

"It's quite chilly in my house at the moment. It's going to get fixed in a week though." I say, wrapping one around my shoulders.

He just nodded. Putting his around his legs.

I noticed that he was still wearing his shoes and got up and went towards the door.

I took two pairs of fluffy slippers, seeing as I forgot mine upstairs and went back at his questioning face.

"Put these on" at his disapproving face I raised an eyebrow, almost glaring. " My house, my rules."

He reluctantly stretched his arm towards me, taking the fluffy slippers.

He looked incredibly funny with the checkered blanket and the fluffy slippers on.

One could say that he's a granny at first sight.

I held in a chuckle and went towards the  stove, putting the coffee into two mismatched cups.

"How do you like your coffee?" I asked, putting milk and sugar into mine.

"I would say double cream,but I'll take it black for today. I need a boost." He said tiredly, looking at me with the weirdest expression.

I nodded, even though I had my back to him and took the cups to the table by the window he was sitting at.

After taking the cup into my hand and taking a sip, I get to the business.

"Why do you know where I live?" I ask, peering at him over the edge of my cup.

"Um..." He looked into my eyes, looking for a way out, but as soon as he saw my face, he decided against it. "We followed you home the first day you've been Dante's concierge." He replied, looking into his cup.

"Ok." I said absentmindedly, putting my legs under me in a Turkish position.

I knew no one at work would've told them where I lived, so that would've been the only viable option.

"And why are you here?" I asked again, putting my cup down.

"My boss requests your presence." He said shortly, looking out of the window.

"Don't lie to me.  If I'm not at work, someone must have filled in for me. " I stare him down until he gives in.

"You're one fierce little pincipessa, aren't you? Nothing escapes your gaze" He said smiling, looking kinda proud. " But I didn't lie. My boss isn't requesting your presence as a concierge." He added, a hidden meaning to his words.

I gulped and drank my coffee, to moisten my suddenly dry throat.

"He can wait until tomorrow when I come to work." I tell him with a witty tone and I saw in his eyes that he was not satisfied with my answer "Oh speaking of work..."  I say, getting up and getting my phone from my new coat that was thrown on the sofa in the living room.

I go and plop back into my seat in front of Abel and dial Jeremy.

After the second ring he picks up.

"Please tell me you're alright and no one kidnapped you yet." He said calmly, but I knew he was panicked.

" Yet" i say, looking at Abel who was watching me intently.

"What do you mean? Helen,talk to me!"

"I'm fine. Just didn't wake up. I think it was the painkillers you gave me yesterday."

At the mention of painkillers, Abel perked up,many emotions making their appearance on his face all at once.

"And may I take today off? I don't see the point of coming for just a couple of hours."I try, sugar-coating my voice.

Abel took his phone out and started texting.

"You may take the whole week off dear. You might be safer at home. The hooligans on 9th and 10th seem to be in a hurry to find their Cinderella" he said, stressing the last word as a warning for me to stay low.

"Well thank you, but I can't take that much off. I've got to earn my dough." I laugh.

"Do what you want Helen." He defeatedly said, knowing he won't convince me." Oh and thank you for last night. If you know what I mean" he added, a little shy.

I grinned from ear to ear, startling Abel a little.

"With pleasure. But you owe me a coffee from Marcus's" I chuckled, knowing he will curse me for that.

Marcus's was a fancy coffee shop with the most expensive products, but they are worth it. They're heavenly.

"I got to go. I've got company " I said , hoping he got the memo.

"Italian company?" He asked after a while, dreadfully.

"Uh-huh. Bye, love you!" I say, ending the call.

"Where were we?" I ask Abel, which looked a little worried.

"Um.. My boss is on his way here." He said, waiting for an outburst from me.