Reality Check

^tumblr quote, probably irrelevant to the plot

***

I was now on the backseat of the car, one seat away from a tied up Sarah.

Leo said that he wanted to drop me off at home and then question Sarah somewhere more private,but I insisted and barely convinced them to take me along because "I didn't want Sarah to know where I live" and stuff.

Bullshit excuse,but it surprisingly worked.

We stopped in front of a massive garage door and entered hurriedly, making me stumble on my feet a little.

Inside was a chair and some chain folded nicely by it in the middle of the tall room.

This doesn't look good. Like at all.

Sarah started to cry, looking at me with teary eyes, silently asking for help.

I nodded at her subtly,assuring her that I would do everything in my power to get her out of here alive.

She was seated on the chair and Dante signaled into the darkness and a burly man came out.

Since when was he here?

Did he really wait into the shadows just for dramatic effect?

A quick 'pfft' came out of my mouth and I quickly covered it with my hand, returning my torso away to calm myself down.

I took a couple of deep breaths, bit my upper lip to refrain from laughing and turned back, seeing 4 pairs of eyes on me with a bewildered look in them.

Only I could find the potential beginning of torture funny.

"Sorry, carry on" I said, waving my hand in dismissal.

Leo, that was beside me, staying as close as possible, slightly in front of me in a protective manner, smiled as well, but hid his amusement a lot more skilfully than I did.

The newly arrived man stood behind Sarah, adding mental pressure to the situation.

Dante made a few steps closer to her and then crouched to her level, looking into her eyes.

She bit the inside of her cheek and held his gaze, not able to resist.

"I want you to tell me what happened today after I've left" he said in a kind voice,slightly tilting his head to the side.

She took a few breaths and then exhaled, calming herself.

"After you've rejected me, I went to the bar to get a couple of drinks and then this Silvio dude came up to the bar and offered to get me a drink. I accepted as I was kind of low on money at the time and when he offered to take me home, I accepted as he didn't seem like a bad guy or the kind to try something. I had my pepper spray just in case so I thought I was OK. He then showed me the way to his car, opened the door for me and all and when he closed it, he just waved and another burly man got into the drivers seat and started going God knows where. " she started, frequently glancing at me while she spoke.

I face-palmed mentally so much that I've started to physically feel pain in my hand and forehead.

Y u so stopid?

Well, I'm not one to talk,but even so...

I sighed and she continued.

"I managed to pepper spray him and stop the car, but another guy appeared out of nowhere on the backseat and swiftly took the can out of my hands, then tied me up with these cable ties. I would be very grateful if you'd take them off now, by the way."