Date Night

^I didn't laugh so hard in my life.

***

I looked through my fingers at the scene unfolding before me, cringing whenever skin hit skin in a brutal encounter.

Dante was gripping Marco by his collar, holding him up. The boy's body was almost limp and if not for the sounds of protest coming from him, I'd think he was dead.

Blood started dripping from the teenager's eyebrow and lip, his whole right face almost entirely bruising.

And with this occasion I found out that Dante's left-handed.

With one more blow, Dante dropped the guy and he curled on the floor, already past the apologising and questioning.

He tried to say sorry or to reason with his cousin,but he didn't hear anything. 'He might be sorry, but apologies don't heal my face or ribs' as Dante put it. Somehow, the boy's apologetic worsened his cousin's mood.

He said something along the words 'stop always doing that as soon as you're cornered' or something.

Dante's knuckles started bleeding along the way as well and I started fearing for the boy's life.

"Hey. That's enough!" I tried to shout, but my lungs protested.

I reached a hand to Leo's leg and gripped it with all my might making him lean in to hear what I was trying to say.

"Stop him for fuck's sake! I don't want a murderer to happen in my house!" I gout out through clenched teeth, cupping my ribs.

He looked at me for a second and just stared, annoying me to no end.

"Now!" I shouted impatiently, regretting it immediately.

He got the message and tried to approach the men, but almost got his face blown off by a retreating elbow from Dante as he pulled back his arm for another punch.

Leo looked at me with the 'what do I do now' face but when he saw mine, he decided to give it another try.

He sidestepped one, twice, then lunged and pinned Dante's hand to his sides. Dante struggled, trying to get to the defeated boy once more.

Leo lifted him off the ground for a few seconds,until Dante calmed a bit.

I was just gawking at the fact that Leo was holding him in the air like he was nothing.

"You can let me go now" Dante said annoyed, looking away.

Leo hesitated for a second, then dropped the man to the ground, signaling the boy's bodyguards to help the young man up. They were petrified on their spots when they saw their boss's boss beat the crap out of him.

Who do they protect? Did they even want to try to fend off mad Dante? Neither of them would take the chance anyway. They were just glad that they got an excuse to get away from 'Boss' 's fury.

Each of them grabbed an arm and dragged the young boy whose name I don't even remember to the car they came in.

Today has been... eventful.

I lean back into my armchair and exhale, finally able to relax a little.

Dante was still breathing heavily, a feral edge into his eyes. He was out for blood and showing it. He wasn't satisfied with the damage he's done.

This side of Dante frightened me a little bit, but I gulped and attempted to calm him down. If not me then who? Leo that is sitting as car away as he can from Dante , putting me between them? Yeah, sure.