Escapade on Baker Street

^Baker Street Station

***

Where should I go?

My neighbour already phoned me to tell me that my house was on lockdown, so I can't go home and I assume that my known friends's are also the same way.

I also think that it's not that safe to travel with my own car as it's easier to track me down in a known vehicle.

I watch way too many crime shows.

But that came in handy now, so... Take that mom!

I parked it somewhere and went underground and took whatever train came first and got off a random stop.

I then went inside a pub, ordered some chips and am now thinking a plan through.

I grab a chip, then munch on it with my 'thinking face', which happens to look a lot like my 'grumpy' face.

Should I suddenly visit my mom?

No, that's way too much of a trip. I'm not that desperate.

Yet.

How about.... No they must have their place on lockdown too.

What if... Hmm...

As a plan forms into my head, I take out my phone and call JJ.

"Hello?"

"Hi. Pretend to laugh and that I'm your mom. Get away from whoever is with you." I say right off the bat, then wait.

"Mother? I thought I told you not to call me during my working hours. Anyway is your hip alright? Did you get it looked at? Haha, yeah- What the fuck Helen?" He quickly changes his tone, shushing his voice.

"I need you to do me a favour"

"Of course you do. I hope you are aware that the hotel suddenly became the headquarters of the Italian Mafia in the last half an hour" he stated, a little bit of anger seeping through. "And I hope you also know that these people are looking for a certain friend of mine."

"Yeah, sorry about that. I'll explain in detail some other time. Now would you please talk with that Nick friend of yours and ask him to lend me his couch tonight?"

"Nick the gay guy that was your biggest fan and wanted to get your autograph on his butt kind of Nick?" He asked incredulously, having me feel the way he rised his eyebrows.

"Yeah, I know, not the best ideea, but I'm desperate. I really don't want to see those guys anytine soon." I pleaded, holding the phone tighter.

"...ok.... Your business. And you really thought this through. No one would look for you there." He said, a hint of admiration into his tone.

"I know right? Now go back, no one thinks you talk that much with your mother, you'll get suspicious."

"Ok, mom. Whatever you want" he said mockingly, hanging up.

I laughed, eating my meal less stressfully.

After 5 minutes, I get a text saying that everything's ok and Nick's expecting me by 8, along with the adress.

I nod to myself, pay the guy behind the bar and leave, walkind along the wave of people towards the metro.

I get a call from an unknown number and I have a vague idea of who it might be.

"911 what's your emergency?" I answer, holding back a laugh.

"Don't fuck with me Elena. Now tell where you are so I can pick you up and... Talk."

Damn, he's sexy when he's angry.

I bit my lip, looking for the metro sign.

"Your kind of talk and my kind of talk are completely different at the moment" I laugh, spotting what I was looking for.

"Oh yeah? You don't know until you try, isn't that right, principessa? " he says huskily, almost making me stop

"Stop tempting me with the sexy Italian voice! It's not gonna work!"

"You think this is sexy?" He asked, making his voice a tiny bit deeper, whispering into the phone.

My knees felt like jelly, but I held the phone thighter and continued, trying to hold myself together.

Damn hormones.

I once again bite my lower lip, a little bit embarrassed.

"Stay where you are, I'm coming to get you principessa. And stop with the lip biting, I might not hold myself back anymore" he says, as if he was looking at me right now.

I stop momentarily, then quicken my pace, being 100 meters away from the station.

I look right and left frantically, trying to spot him.

"Where are you?" I ask , but see him a second later in the crowd, looking dangerously angry in his usual suit and tie.

Damn.

Nope.

Nups.

Nuh-huh.

I refuse.

I want to live.

I quicken my pace even more, whizzing through the gates and boarding the train,watching the doors close behind me.

I finally turn to look behind me, to see if I got away.

Just then, he and 3 other men familiar to me in matching black suits descended the stairs, trying to catch the same train.

He looked at me with a murderous look, taking his phone out and firing some orders through it, looking at the signs on the walls.

He is sending someone to the next station.

Fuck.

What do I do?

I can try to blend in with the crowd... But that's extremely risky.

What's the next stop?

I glance hurriedly to the screen on top of the carriage and saw "Baker Street" written in bright yellow pixelated letters.

Oh Sherlock.

Stop.

Now's not the time to swoon over fictional British guys, Helen!

I might have a chance if lots of people get off here.

I closed my eyes and prayed to whoever was listening until I heard the doors opening.

I immediately spotted two of Dante's men on either side of the stairs. They might look like regular guards to anybody else, but I knew what they were and what they wanted.

I let my hair down and rised my collar to hide my face, pretending to be cold.

I try to blend in and pass the first pair of guards and I pass the second too, sighing in relief.

But my relief was short lived as a hand lands on my shoulder, making my heart drop.

"Miss?"

When the now familiar Italian accent hits my ears I hold off a second then run for the hills, dodging people left and right

The yells behind me were getting louder , but I managed to stop a cab and escape before I got caught.

I told the taxi drived the adress and relaxed in my seat, taking deep breaths.

Eventful day today, huh?