Dio Mio

^because trees

And because double update bitchezzzzzzzzzzzzineedsleepzzzzz

***

"I hope you're not allergic to nuts Dante. I really do." I say angry, as soon as he pick up, staring into the dirt in front of me."Because I'll kick yours so far up your throat that nuts are all you're ever gonna taste now"

"What? Wait. Elena? Are you safe? Where are you? Who took you? How did they take you? Was it the Russians? Elena answer me!" He fired away, a little too fast for me to follow.

"Well, I am in the middle of fucking nowhere, with a couple of cracked ribs, burnt skin and bruising face. So yeah, to answer your first question, I'm not really that safe, but it could've been worse" I say, rolling on my back, relaxing my muscles on the cold ground. "Those drinks I've had today really help with the pain you know? The adrenaline helps too." I say lowly, almost whispering into the phone, stargazing .

"Dio mio... Stupido stupido stupido..." Dante said, most probably meant for himself, his voice away from the phone. "I'll be there in 10 minutes. " he said, a short pause following, then he spoke again "Get out" I nearly heard, his cellphone most probably pressed into his suit. "I'll be there in 5" he added, now louder, with an engine starting up in the background.

I didn't know what to say to that, but luckily, I didn't have to say anything as Dante hung up.

I got up from my position, my body feeling rusty already from sitting in the horrific weather, making my way across the abandoned looking road, reaching a tree with low branches, propping myself under it.

Just as I sat down, some headlights flashed on the concrete, making me squint.

"That wasn't even a minute" I say aloud to myself, shielding my eyes from the harsh light.

As my eyes adjusted my blood drained from my body, momentarily frozen at the sight. My two kidnappers seem to have noticed my absence and are now in front of me , not yet noticing my exposed.

I stood as still as I could, hoping they won't see me, but as soon as I thought that, the bigger man made eye contact with me, touching his partner's shoulder and pointing to me.

I got up as fast as I could and then started climbing the tree I was leaning on.

I could've ran, but that would mean distancing myself from the place Dante is supposed to come at and there's also the fact that I will never outrun bearman and Speedy Gonzalez on foot as every piece of my body screams with some degree of pain.

As I climbed, I looked down, seeing The thinner man beginning to climb after me, as the bigger one remained on the ground, looking either at me either at his partner, guiding him through the branches.

I now had sticky tree sap all over my fingers, bark sticking to it as I got higher, my hair was everywhere after the tumbling I did in the grass earlier and my face was covered in dirt. I must be extremely attractive right now.

When Dante arrives and looks at me, he will most likely be seduced by me and ask me to be his bride.

Surely.

Something must me wrong with him if he doesn't.

Now now Helen. Focus.

Great. I'm talking to myself again!

Shit. I'm still doing it.

Ugh.

I looked down once more, Speedy Gonzalez now much closer to me than before, quickly taking ground.

Just as I reached the top, I saw one, two ,three, 12 exact same cars beelining to our location. I turned my phone's flashlight on, then waved it like my life depended on it.

Which kinda does.

I continued waving my hands, not sure if they saw me, bit then someone grabbed my leg, making me drop the phone, it tumbling through branches until it hit the ground.

I shrieked like a 9 year old on helium and grabbed on to the closest branches, stopping myself from being pulled down.

I didn't care I was wearing a dress at the moment and I lifted my free leg, smashing it on the guy's palm on my limb, managing to get free.

I positioned myself and judged the distance between me and another tree, and jumped, with fear still eating at my skin as I did so.

I grabbed on a branch, but it slipped right through my fingers,leaving a similar feeling to rug burn on the skin of my fingers. Reaching my hand to grab another one, I receive a branch over my face, right over my existing injuries.

I tightened my jaw and dealt with it, still falling down the leaves.

I caught the thickest branch I saw, then koala-d it for a few seconds, my breaths ragged and my fingers bleeding slightly form the leaves of the tree.

Deciding I could now survive by not moving from my new position as Dante and his men just parked besides Bearman and Speedy's car, successfully blocking it from all sides.

I glanced at Speedy, that was now very close to me, so close to me that he kicked me in the chest, pushing me backward and making me go through 2 more branches before I captured a grab-able one.

I huffed, extremely surprised of what I've just witnessed, horrified at the same time as I almost died... Again... And completely frightened by the Bearman below, now within reach to tug me off the branch I was on.

He grabbed my foot before I could manage to react, taking me down, then turning me around , so that I could look in the direction Dante was coming from, pressing a cool knife into my neck, not drawing blood yet.

That 'yet' terrifying me.

Dante came into view, an even more savage look on his face than when he saw Marco last time, his stance making even me shiver in fright and Bearman to take a step back,taking me along, the blade dangerously close to breaking skin.

When Dante saw me, he zero-ed in on the man threatening my life , forgetting about everything and everyone around him.

All of Dante's men however had their guns drawn, entertained at the three of them, waiting an order form their Boss.