I Got You

^I am bored out of my mind in the train and that seems to make me get out of my writer's block.

Pls don't kill me for the lateness.

Love ya,
Jane

***

I could see the hotel a few hundred metres ahead and the dread was eating at my insides. I could feel a heavy weight settling in my chest.

Glancing at my rearview mirror I noticed a massive car overtaking Dante and Leo's car, getting right behind me.

When they got impossibly close to my bumper, I moved on one side of the lane, leaving enough space for them to overtake me, but they slightly bumped me with their front guard, making no move to actually continue forward.

I tightened my grip on the steering wheel, a rush of adrenaline making my skin tingle with anticipation.

Another car entered our lane, pulling out from the side from between two parked cars.

Odd thing was that it happened to be the same make, model and color as the one bumping me from behind.

Such coincidences don't exist.

I tried to change lanes to shake off the pursuing cars, but my car was hit from the side, forcing me back into my original position.

Two other cars flanked my car out of nowhere, completely blocking me.

If they made a dent into my baby, they're gonna be sorry.

My phone started ringing, the loud ringtone startling me even further. As soon as I put my hand on the phone, I answered, knowing who it was without looking at the caller ID.

"Was that necessary?" I asked angry, my knuckles white on the steering wheel as I gripped it in suppressed anger.

"Hello to you too my love. We'll meet somewhere more private and we'll talk."

"And I suppose your fucktards are going to escort me there, am I right?"

My voice was laced with all kinds of unspoken threats and insults and my oh so dear Gaspari head must have picked up on it.

"Smart girl." He simply parried, making a kiss sound before he hung up on me.

As I was about to throw the cellphone in anger, it started ringing again.

"This better be good" I said menacingly in no mood to have my leg pulled.

"I guess you have talked with him already. Did he tell you where you'll meet?"

"Dante?" I asked, already recognising his voice, searching for him in the rearview mirror, but he was nowhere to be found "Where are you? Are you ok?" I quickly inquired, sudden dread and panic making my scalp tingle.

"We're both fine, we're flanked as well and Gaspari's boys took us out for a spin.We're going to be stuck in here for a while. I'm going to send some of my people to tail you. And Elena?" He paused, his tone changing from his bussines voice to a calmer and softer one I was used to hearing.

"Hmm?"

I hummed in response, my eyes darting around the street in front of me.

"Non permetterò a nessuno di farti del male"

"English por favor" I exasperatedly said, not in the mood for translating shit.

"I got you." He said, his tone slightly amused.