21

"We're home," Steve says as we land at S.H.I.E.L.D.'s landing area.
Once the quinjet lands entirely, everyone goes to their rooms and grabs their things. We all walk out together, ready to go home. I carry my duffle bag on my shoulder and we walk one of Tony's cars.
"Clint and I need to stay for a little while," Natasha says. "Go ahead, we'll be home later."
"Are you sure?" I ask.
"Yeah," Clint says. "Fury needs us for a bit."
I growl at his name. "Tell him that he should speak up."
"Will do," Natasha says. "See you guys later."
"Bye," Steve, Tony, Bruce, and I say in unison as Clint and Natasha walk away.
"I'm driving," Tony says, hopping into the driver's seat.
"I call shotgun!" Bruce shouts as he opens the front seat door.
"Leaves us in the back," Steve says.
Steve and I get into the convertible's back seat, which is abnormally large. As Steve and I buckle ourselves in, Tony puts the key into the ignition and starts driving away from S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters.
"What time is it?" I ask, gazing at pale moon.
"7:30," Bruce calls.
"Oh," I say, stroking my duffle bag. "Time is so weird."
"Yeah," Steve says. "It plays with your mind."
"It really does," I say, continuing our small talk.
"Anyway," Bruce coughs. "What are we doing when we get home?"
"No idea," Tony states, keeping his eyes on the road.
"Bruce, have you found anything else about that base?" I ask.
"If you mean Madame Tussauds, then yes." he laughs.
"Oh great," I sigh.
I shift my head so that I can the the upcoming city. Something that I've always admired about the city is the lights. The Empire State Building is off in the distance, but I can still see its lights. Eventually, I get a glimpse of the Avengers Tower. When it was still called the Stark Tower, life couldn't have been any more different. Tony had just started to make his suits, I had just become a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, Steve was still in the ice...
     It was like a different reality.
     After Tony had made his first Iron Man suits, he made me my own personal one. To this day, he still says that it is for emergencies only. He personally says that it's one of his favorite suits. I stare at the Avengers Tower, picturing my younger self almost crashing into the side of the tower in that dark blue suit and Tony rushing after me in his own suit.
I smile at the memory. Those wonderful times, when Tony became Iron Man. I've never been that proud in my entire life. That was only a year after I graduated from high school and was at a S.H.I.E.L.D. training camp. All of the weird, but interesting things in Tony's life after he became Iron Man were some of the most memorable moments for him. And I couldn't be there.
He has always been there for me, and I try to be there for him. But, sometimes it's too hard. When I was a newly recruited agent, I was on missions every day. I barely talked to Tony during those times; I'd be lucky if I was able to get him on the phone once a week. Because he is Iron Man and I'm Mystérieux, we didn't have time. Thankfully, Fury never calls either of us for missions anymore. There are few, like when I met Steve, but that doesn't count. We volunteered for that one, Tony and I. Like I said, that isn't important.
The car starts to slow down and we all get out of it. Still in my flashbacks, I walk inside of the Avengers Tower and to my room on Tony's floor to drop off my things. Steve, Tony, Bruce, and I meet up on a floor and start to just talk.
     "I'm so bored." Tony complains. "And starving."
     "Don't look at me, I'm looking for information about that base." Bruce says.
     I get an idea. "Then you two gentlemen have a nice conversation while Steve and I prepare a meal."
     Steve looks at me with scared eyes. "No, no, no, no, wait!"
     I drag Steve into the kitchen and take out the materials appropriate for preparation.
     "I promised, remember?" I say quietly. "And I'm not one to break a promise."
     "O-Okay," Steve says. "And yes, I remember now."
     "Good, now hand me a whisk."