37

I toss and turn in my bed. The short, mild nightmares wake me every time that I fall asleep. Some are of my past, startling me quite a bit. I see the foggy images of my mother and father, then the news channel flashes onto the television screen. I see a brainwashed Steve and a beaten up Tony in the H.Y.D.R.A. base. I hear Thor's warnings, informing us of the plans of H.Y.D.R.A..
Not only the thoughts in my head, but a pitter-patter on my window keep me awake. I eventually groan and get out from underneath my sheets. I tiptoe to the window, pulling the blinds up. I see raindrops, but then small white flurries. I smile at the snow, knowing that there is much more to come. Then, I hear a different sound. Not the wail of a siren, not the booming of city goers, but a metallic sound.
I nervously pull down my shorts as I open the window. I peek my head out, surveying the streets of New York. But the noise comes from above. I turn my head up, hoping to see the culprit.
I do see the creator of the noise, but it is not what I imagined. A plane is way in the sky, like a speck of dust. But, snow falls from it. I raise an eyebrow, figuring that the sound comes from a machine. I swipe my hand across the window sill, picking up some of the "snow". With the handful, I slowly examine it. It melts quickly in my warm hand, the water sitting in my palm.
     I snap my head back up, questioning the plane. When a cloud goes by, I spot a small red marking on the plane. I stumble back, knowing what the red mark is - H.Y.D.R.A..
     I quickly glance down at my hand, the water not there. I see the last of it seep into my hand, burning it. I flick it off, holding my wrist with my other hand to see the aftermath. My fingertips grow pale, then my palm, and the light color crawls up my arm.
     I glimpse at the plane, seeing H.Y.D.R.A. agents swoop down on ropes. I look up and down at my hand and the plane. Panic arouses me.
     Before I can call for help, my vision blackens and I drop to the carpeted floor.

________________________________

(Important for Rest of the Book)

IMPORTANT
AUTHOR'S NOTE

     Hello Reader! I cannot express how thankful I am for you putting up with my nonsense. However, I'm blabbering.
Anyway, that's not the reason I need you. Beginning in the next chapter, I repeat, the next chapter, there is going to be an italicized name on the top. This will indicate which character's point of view this chapter will be in. For example:

38
--------------------------

Steve

     Yay, you got the hang of it! Thank you and continue reading!