39

Tori

I lay on an unknown cold surface. My body is weak and shivering, growing used to the cold. I peel my eyes open to reveal the room. The room is huge, but like a lab. I lay on a metal table with my hands and feet strapped to it. The room is all concrete, lab tables scattering the gray floor. I wear a thin gray long sleeve shirt and jeans, definitely not what I wore to bed.
"Ah, you are finally awake, dear." a voice says in a German accent.
I snap my head in the direction of the voice, finding a man in a lab coat. He is a scrawny man, wearing glasses and has thinning salt-and-pepper hair walks near the table.
"Where am I?" I ask the man.
"Where do you think?" he asks.
I look out the high windows that line the wall near the ceiling, snowflakes dotting the glass.
"Somewhere snowing," I mutter.
"Close enough," the man says. "I am Doctor Harris."
     "You," I hiss, recalling Fury and the note.
     "Nice to meet you, dear." Harris smirks. "Now, I believe you know what I am doing."
     "Yes," I say. "What do you want from me?"
     "It's not exactly you that I need, but I can play around with some serums."
     "Then, who do you want?"
     "I believe that you already know,"
     My eyes widen. Steve. I can imagine him scurrying all over creation for me. I shudder.
     "Please, stay away from him," I choke out. "He doesn't deserve to be experimented on anymore."
     "Now," Harris says, ignoring my pleading. "How are you feeling, dear?"
     "Like you don't know." I growl.
     "I mean physically,"
     "Cold," I say, not having the energy to refuse.
     "Predictable," the scientist says, jotting something down on a piece of paper. "Now, how do your hands feel?"
     "The same."
     He jots something else down.
     "Touch this," he says, picking up a glass cup that sits on a lab table.
     I lift my hand up as much as I can from underneath the strap, barely touching the cup. Nothing happens.
     "Humph," Harris grunts. "I'll have to give you more. That first one was a small amount after all."
     I let out a shaky sigh as the scientist goes to a table, taking a tube of blue tinted liquid to a machine near me. He inserts it into a small area fit just for the tube and closes it. Harris presses a button, the liquid slowly flowing through tubes, and through the scraps on my hands. I feel it go through something connected to my veins, chilling my body even more.
     More and more liquid goes through, filling every individual vein in my body. I scream from the pain, it echoing through the entire building. Black spots dot my vision, and I'm unable to do anything to prevent the pain.
     "Now," the scientist says calmly. "Touch the glass again."
     I weakly raise my index finger to the glass, making something spread across the cup. Harris cheers and records something on his notepad. He sets the glass cup on a table, leaving it there for me to easily examine. I make out a small circle from where my finger touched it and something shiny spreading from it - ice.