fifteen.

"nice to have you here with us indigo."

i smiled a small smile as she gestured for me to take some purell.

"thank you. it's something to keep me occupied."

"very well. i have a list of rooms listed on this clipboard, i'd like you to help pass out these books to the patients. it was a very generous donation from the parker family."

"i'll get right to it."

the books were in a crate attached to a cart of wheels, so i took the handle and began rolling it to my first location.

i made my way to the children's department and stopped in front of a white door and turned the knob slowly.

a little girl turned her head toward me and smiled a cute little smile.

"hi, i'm indigo, i've got something for you."

"i'm lily. what is it?"

i picked up a winnie the pooh book and handed it to her.

she gasped "thank you so much, this will definitely be a good read for freddy and i."

i looked around and saw no one "who's freddy?"

she walked over to her bed and picked up a brown stuffed bear with a pink bow across its neck.

"indigo meet freddy, he likes meeting new people."

"hi freddy, nice to meet you." i shook the paw of the bear before standing up.

"lily it was nice meeting you, but i have to get going." she hugged me and muttered a soft goodbye before releasing her arms from around me.

i left smiling.

maybe this wouldn't be that bad.