fifty four.

my dad was the one calling. apparently after tending to my uncle mike, it was late, so he opted to stay the night there. he assured me he was about to leave and that he couldn't wait to see me open his gift.

other then that i was thinking about dallas. we "slept" together and he had no emotions about it whatsoever. maybe it was a big deal to me because i've never done anything with a guy in my whole entire life, let alone "sleep" with one.

i know me and dallas are just friends or acquaintances so to say but him being so close to me made me feel weird.

instead of thinking too much like i tended to do, i went under the tree and grabbed a red box and headed to the living room.

"this is for you."

"me?"

"yes dallas you. just open it."

he put his orange juice on the table and shook it. he looked like a child experiencing christmas for the first time.

"what is it?" he shook it, trying to unmask it.

"dallas just open it."

he ripped open the wrapping paper and there in his hands was a leather jacket.

"an iconic leather jacket."

"that's not the best part."

he looked confused until i showed him what was sketched in tiny lettering on the collar.

blue & texas.

he smirked and looked pleased. "nice touch blue, nice touch. i like it. thank you. best gift i gotten in awhile."

"your welcome."

"i got you something too."

he reached behind the couch and lifted up a white bag.

"i didn't have any fancy wrapping paper, so here."

i took the bag from him and inside was a scrapbook.

"i noticed that you would take pictures on our adventures, so i thought this would be a perfect place to put them."

"dallas. this is really thoughtful. i can't believe you did this."

"it's whatever. i got it from walmart, really no biggie."

"it means a lot to me though. just sucks that i didn't get a picture from our skinny dipping trip."

he reached over and flipped to the first page and there was a picture of me looking down, toes in the sand with just my undergarments on.

"but how?"

"you have a tendency to look down a lot."

i smiled and he smiled.

"merry christmas."

"merry christmas."