fourty seven.

you know when they say the earth stood still.

well, i swear in that moment everything was still as i just stood there in denial.

"no. that's not true. your fine. it's not that serious. it's impossible. you don't have cancer."

he turned around, taking his feet off the edge and put both of his hands on my shoulder.

"blue. we met at a hospital. you knew i was sick. it just so happens i have lung cancer."

i couldn't look at him anymore because the more i gazed, the more tears fell down my face.

he was a person.

a person i've grown to care about.

i hugged him without permission and i was glad he accepted it after awhile, my tears falling on his t-shirt.

"your gonna be okay though, right."

i couldn't see his face as he stayed silent making me anxious.

"right?"

he pulled away, still holding onto me, sympathy in his eyes.

"i don't think so. the cancer spread to my right lung and my left lung has failed. i need a lung transplant and i'm waiting till they find one that matches my blood type."

"no. you can't die too."

"blue."

"why does everyone in my life want to leave?" i shouted angry.

"i don't want to leave, but death does apparently."

i wiped my face, thinking, wondering on how this could possibly get better.

"test me."

"what?"

"test me as a lung match."

and he said the word i hoped he wouldn't.

"no."