thirty five.

"okay, dig in guys."

it was a little silent, notably because of my confession. i guess you can say i told him to let it all out, he was bound to ask me why it was just my father here for dinner and not my mother.

to reduce the awkwardness, i broke the silence my dad was oblivious too "this looks so good, i can definitely see an improvement with the turkey, don't want a repeat of last year."

he chuckled.

"what happened last year?" dallas asked.

"oh, it's quite humorous really. i thought the turkey had been cooked, but it was only cooked on the outside and not on the inside. so we bit into uncooked turkey and it was absolutely awful."

"you've improved though dad."

i looked around to see masked potatoes, corn,  rice, macaroni and cheese, green beans,  cranberry sauce, stuffing and turkey all at the table. all made by my father. i was proud of him.

"you can thank rachel ray, i've learned how to cook from her and your grandmothers old cook books."

our plates were filled to the capacity and i have to say, it was delicious.

"this is good mr.stevens."

"thank you dallas, speaking of, it's the perfect time to open that cider of yours."

my dad popped open the apple cider and filled his cup, passing it around.

"save room for dessert."

i giggled "there is no way i'm missing dessert."

"if there is dessert, i'm eating. you can never have too much food on thanksgiving."

my dad smiled.

i haven't seen that often.