sixty eight.

"hi mom."

i kneeled in the middle of the cemetery, in front of a tomb stone that read:

sammatha marie stevens
a loving wife, mother, and daughter
you'll forever be missed

i placed a bouquet of white roses next to the tomb stone.

her favorite.

"my life has changed a lot since the last time i saw you."

i took in a shaky breath and wiped my eyes.

"dad still misses you, but he's better, he doesn't secretly cry when he thinks i don't hear him anymore."

"i also still get my seizures, but i'm getting used to them more and more. but it did almost cost me my life. it's a long story. a long story that started with me giving up a lung."

a laughed a tearful one.

"you probably think i'm crazy. let's backtrack for a moment. i met a guy, his name is dallas bloom. as in dallas, texas if your wondering."

"he is a very interesting person. we started off as friends, but i'm beginning to look at him as more than a friend. oh and he asked me out on a date."

"yes, my very first date. it's tomorrow and i'm a little nervous. i wish you were here to calm my nerves. you were always good with that type of stuff."

"i guess what i'm trying to say is that i miss you. everyday and the pain of losing you never really goes away. i love you so much."

i stood up wiping the tears from my eyes.

"goodbye mom."